Low voltage led flashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaverickAus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Axial SCX6 which has the OEM Spektrum radio gear and ESC. Everything was working fine until I changed the 3rd channel servo. It was working fine and I was setting up endpoints and making adjustments when the led on the esc starting flashing. I believe that indicates a low voltage, even though the LiPos were fully charged. Along with the low voltage indication none of the servos / esc responds to control inputs.
Out of curiosity I changed the receiver to a Flysky and I now have steering but nothing else and still have the low voltage indication.
Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions?
Thank you for reading.

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a bad servo plugged in, it can do this. Unplug the servo you just installed and see what happens. If still the same, leave only the ESC plugged into the receiver and try to recalibrate the throttle. If that fixes it, try the servo again. If it happens again, I would say that servo is bad.

Hi,
I have a Axial SCX6 which has the OEM Spektrum radio gear and ESC. Everything was working fine until I changed the 3rd channel servo. It was working fine and I was setting up endpoints and making adjustments when the led on the esc starting flashing. I believe that indicates a low voltage, even though the LiPos were fully charged. Along with the low voltage indication none of the servos / esc responds to control inputs.
Out of curiosity I changed the receiver to a Flysky and I now have steering but nothing else and still have the low voltage indication.
Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions?
Thank you for reading.
Did you recalibrate and bind TX and receiver after the servo change with your trims set at zero? And like @WickedFog said could be bad servo. Did you check it or you know that servo works fine?? Before you installed it into the RC

Thank you for the welcome and quick replies, the servo is brand new and I was using it for a while setting up end points etc before the esc started flashing the led. I will do the steps you said and report back.

Thank you for the welcome and quick replies, the servo is brand new and I was using it for a while setting up end points etc before the esc started flashing the led. I will do the steps you said and report back.
So, check the servo. It could have fried. Just because it is new doesn't meant it's still good.

Well figured out the ESC is fried. Not very impressed, the truck has had very little use and everything is stock as far as electronics and drivetrain. Ordered a Hobbywing XR8 G2

Back