Low speed needle comes unthreaded

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainman123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Every time I adjust my low speed needle it comes all the way unthreaded to the point it's going to fall out any information on how to get it to stay where it's at

Well, that's a new one. Are the threads stripped? Typically there's a small o-ring on them. Not necessarily to keep the needle in, but does help. Any pictures of the engine and/or needle you can share?

which way u turning it?
right lean left rich
turning it left continuously will unscrew it. if you are turning it correctly, check the threads or if its coming loose by itself the oring

best of luck

Well, that's a new one. Are the threads stripped? Typically there's a small o-ring on them. Not necessarily to keep the needle in, but does help. Any pictures of the engine and/or needle you can share?
IMG_20230112_085702735.jpg

And the threads r good I just got this thang I've never owned any rc cars before
IMG_20230112_085702735.jpg

And the threads r good I just got this thang I've never owned any rc cars before
IMG_20230112_085737547.jpg

I got it turned all the way in to the right of I losesn it and lil bit it comes out when driving and where is the oring located?

Last edited:
IMG_20230112_093528713.jpg

which way u turning it?
right lean left rich
turning it left continuously will unscrew it. if you are turning it correctly, check the threads or if its coming loose by itself the oring

best of luck
Do you know the size of the 2 orings on the lsn

Last edited:
I got it turned all the way in to the right of I losesn it and lil bit it comes out when driving and where is the oring located?
so you drive with the Needle closed all the way

so you drive with the Needle closed all the way
The simple answer to that answer is no. flat out no. that will make it run like crap. it will have no tunability besides using the high-speed needle which won't do much to the performance without adjusting the low-speed needle. i say he should try and get a new needle or a new carb assembly. Best of luck.

Searching for 3.3 carb parts leads to 2.5 parts. It seems the carb is the same maybe. I am not a Traxxas expert

This is a replacement o-ring and seal set for the TRX 2.5 Engine. This is the complete seal and ring set with two brass ring installation tools. This set contains one blue rubber carburetor level seal, two silver 5.3x7.8x0.6mm crush washers, two large 13x1mm red rubber o-rings, four 10x1mm red rubber o-rings, two 2.5x1.15mm black rubber o-rings and three 2x1mm black rubber o-rings.

I would find some of the small black ones,

The kit for all of those is only $4 at Amain Hobby though.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-oring-seal-set-for-2.5-carb-tra5247/p8615