Low self discharge (LSD) NiMH AA's, anyone try them?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought a 24 pack of these off ebay for $36 shipped:
http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=8727&r=183

Figured they would be good for transmitter batteries or general household use. Supposed to retain 85% of their charge for a year of idle time.

My wife has little closet lights that eat batteries. Each one takes 4AA's and I think she has 3 of them. Two that she uses a lot... My harmony remote uses 2, so when I buy a second, that will give me 2 more. Although, the remotes came with 2 2000mah LSD cells... may just use those for the remotes.

Let us know how well they work.

I tried some of those in my digital camera once. After taking about two pics, the camera showed the batteries were dead. With the already low voltage of the rechargeable batteries, the extra drain dropped it down enough that it wasn't enough. For a tv remote, yea, I think they would be great, but I wouldn't use them on anything else.

Though honestly, I use Duracells in all my remotes, probably change batteries once every two years or so.

Ours last about two months in the remotes... but our old remotes used 4 aaa cells. Our old remotes just had watch type LCD screens on them. Can't imagine the new remote will be very battery friendly with a color LCD screen on it... It uses two AA cells.

I wasn't planning on using them for high current applications like cameras, but I'll probably still give them a try. I use duracell or engergizer NiMH's now in most of my stuff.

Or I just wasted $36.

Last edited:
I just bought a 24 pack of these off ebay for $36 shipped:
http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=8727&r=183

Figured they would be good for transmitter batteries or general household use. Supposed to retain 85% of their charge for a year of idle time.

My wife has little closet lights that eat batteries. Each one takes 4AA's and I think she has 3 of them. Two that she uses a lot... My harmony remote uses 2, so when I buy a second, that will give me 2 more. Although, the remotes came with 2 2000mah LSD cells... may just use those for the remotes.
Not a bad deal. I'm also gonna start buying battery packs, as they get eaten very quickly.

My Eneloop Pro's do great in whatever I put thrm in. The Flysky GT3 takes 8 AA batteries, and they last forever in it.

Back