louder exhaust?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yo guys, I was wondering if i can make my exhuast louder? As long as it dont ruin anything, I'm fine,, so anyone know of anything?

and i dont have the money to upgrade, so dont say that.

i was wondering that too cuz i know with dirtbikes you can take the silencers out. i wonder if you could cut the end of the rc exhaust off?

i was wondering that too cuz i know with dirtbikes you can take the silencers out. i wonder if you could cut the end of the rc exhaust off?

You could but would then lose all of your backpressure to push fuel into the engine.

Why do you want it louder anyway?
Could you drill a hole in it like the hoons do with there cars?
Hmm i think you'd probably lose backpressure aswell doing that.

You could always run alongside it yelling VRROOOOMM!!!!!!!!!
Much like rolex does, only difference being his engine isnt running, and hes pushing it.

Last edited:
Dang !

I thought these little buggers were loud enough as it is... Its only as big as a fart and they are 5 times as loud as one.

I was thinking about how to cut the noise down a bit. I have the shiney pipe traxxas offers... Is the Stock one quieter ? How do the 2 compare in performance ?

My stock pipe on my savage 25 was loud. I'm trying to quiet mine down!!! lol

that would be cool if you could run open header, but you would loose back pressure and prolly blow the engine

i have an acme condor that i bought b4 i new anything about rc cars i run it with no muffler all the time and it dosn't seem to have problem with it i just took off the muffler and pressure line and let her go.

i have an acme condor that i bought b4 i new anything about rc cars i run it with no muffler all the time and it dosn't seem to have problem with it i just took off the muffler and pressure line and let her go.

You have probably blown your engine doing that. And do NOT recommend that anyone is to follow what you say. Taking off the pressure line and the exhaust causes there not to be the proper back pressure going into the fuel tank and not a proper seal on the back of the engine. It will run your engine lean from those two reasons and then cause severe engine damage.

If you want a louder pipe and have a big block get a HPI ribbed pipe. As far as the Firestorm that you have 2 steppen you are stuck with what you have until you buy something else. I know Associated has/had a small block ribbed pipe but don't know if it is still available.

after reading what you guys have said i wouldn't recomend doin it either....also the engine i do it with was screwed 1nc already it rusted and every thing so it don't really matter that much to me cause i have a brand new os .15 sitting in a box never bin run....the engine i do it with i can't get parts for any way so now i'm just runnig it till it won't run nomore.

Yeah...well the HPI ribbed pipe stinks really...Don't bother with it.

You could buy a dual pipe but those really really suck!!

Now if you want SICK power and have it be LOUD at the same time you will want to look into a macs boat pipe. But its for savages only :\

Only other option is a Buku pipe. But thats $110 with NO header included. But they make you're truck look like its got a huge BL motor in it :hehe:

So if you want a loud exhaust...Its not gonna be cheap...The ribbed pipe is pretty cheap tho.

LosiLST will the HPI ribbed pipe work on a traxxas 3.3 engine?

No it won't, It's a pipe made for a Big Block engine and you have a small/mid block.

Yeah...well the HPI ribbed pipe stinks really...Don't bother with it.

You are the ONLY person I have ever heard this from. Everyone else that has EVER had one have said they are awesome pipes and offer great low end power.

You are the ONLY person I have ever heard this from. Everyone else that has EVER had one have said they are awesome pipes and offer great low end power.

I agree. I've ALWAYS heard that those ribbed pipes are great.

I'm a fan of THS pipes. I think they sounds great.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Guess there isnt any reasonable way to do it unless you get a new pipe.

and i want it louder just cause i love things loud.!

Back