Loud GS Storm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinRazorback

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My Storm is way too loud. Any suggestions on a good pipe/manifold combo too make it a little quieter without getting too expensive? My neighbors would be very appreciative. Sounds like I'm running a 125cc dirtbike every time I run it. :wtf:

Take it to the same parking lot ElPirata did........

LOL!

Try putting a plastic tube over the exit stinger on the pipe. Extending the exit port will quiet your beast down a lot. The longer the tube the less noise. You may need to re-tune a bit, it will cause more backpressure. You can get plastic tubing of different sizes at your local Hardware store. I have seen people us up to 10 inches with the end zip tied to the shock tower. Cost $1.00-2.00. You can also get exhaust deflectors at the LHS. $4.00-6.00

That would work, but the quieter your pipe gets, the more performance you will loose. The pipe is open and is very loud because it is very free flowing, which is meant for performance.

So true,
No such thing as a free lunch. Make a choice.
I'm sure you can find a good mid point.

I put a .21 CVEC on mine...it's MUCH, MUCH quiter now!

That stock pipe is outrageously loud!

Retread, what happened performance wise when you changed pipes? Low, mid, and top end?

It has more power accross the board. Low end all the way up to high end...it screams (although much quieter)...

You can also try insulating the out side of the pipe this will deaden some of the noise coming from the pipe. A cvec drag pipe will also run quiter then the stock pipe.

Umm....it was free.

They go for about $50.00

Not a single laugh about the El incident???? Geesh....

I try ONCE to be funny.......

Oh yeah, El Pirata's incident was funny......um, how did it go again :rolleyes:

Where has he been hiding anyways? Havent seen him nearly as much. Hope all is well with him.

I guess he was running in a parking lot and a car ran his maxx over :( Bad bad bad.....

The first day I had my Maxx out I was running it up and down my street. I live in a cove so I had plenty of room there, but no, I had to take it down the street. So I'm trucking along thinking "man, this is great" then wham! right into the gutter. The only gutter on the street at that. Needless to say, my Maxx was one day old and had blue RPM shock towers and A-arms. It even shattered the servo casing?!?! Figure that one out. To make matters worse, some neighbors were out watching me and one of them said "Look's like you'll be taking the bus the rest of this week." Yep, I was a little embarrased to say the least.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

I try ONCE to be funny.......

Just keep trying youll get there:classic:

Dang man that had to hurt! Similar incident myself - (meaning within the first couple of days). After I finally got my TMaxx all nice and broken in, I took my wife and kids to the park to watch Dads 'Big Monster Truck with Balls!" run all around the baseball diamonds. After about 15 minutes of trying to get it started (and wife laughing the whole time) whamo! It fired up!

I started zipping around the baseball diamond like a freak without a cause. Came passing by for the kids to wave at the big ole truck and *SPLAT*! RIGHT INTO THE DANG FENCE POST! That was the day I went RPM blue heheheh..... 3 broken shocks, 1 broken bulk, 2 broken A Arms, 1 broken axle, 1 broken knuckle and 1 snapped rod!

I guess we all have those 'noob' days with our vehicles.....

Hunter - thanks man, some support you offer!! lol

:D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ

Hunter - thanks man, some support you offer!! lol

:D [/B]

Any time Christan:cheerful:

Cvec pipes are great for play, because, if i remember right they are tunable. I'm not sure how, maybe somone who has one could explain. But if you intend on racing, I would not buy one because they are not roar leagal and you will not be able to race. Also, Cvec's are quieter because of the tuning baffle inside of the pipe.

See what I'm talking about. Anyone use the RB pipes? Thinking about going that route and they are in the $50-60 range.

I run a RB concepts 086 one piece pipe. I love it, it is not ear defening loud and gives GREAT power coupled with my ofna/picco o-1 comp. The 086 pipe has more of a smooth powerband, and more top end. The 063 pipe has more of a punchy feel and more low end. I like having smooth power to lay down at the track so i went with the 086. The 086 and the 063 are both great pipes and you can't go wrong with either one.

Back