Losi Tenacity DB Pro Control Arms and Pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melcot04

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am having problems with my pins arms control arms constantly breaking. The OEM broke because I ran it into a mailbox. ( Good reason for them to break). However I have replaced them numerous times now every time I get it off the concrete or pavement and don’t hit anything. Does anyone else have this problem and what parts or suggestions do you have to prevent it from happening in the future?

I am having problems with my pins arms control arms constantly breaking. The OEM broke because I ran it into a mailbox. ( Good reason for them to break). However I have replaced them numerous times now every time I get it off the concrete or pavement and don’t hit anything. Does anyone else have this problem and what parts or suggestions do you have to prevent it from happening in the future?
Are you replacing them with OEM parts? I have ran into this with cheap aftermarket pins that were improperly hardened and very brittle.

Are you replacing them with OEM parts? I have ran into this with cheap aftermarket pins that were improperly hardened and very brittle.
I replaced with GPM…. The bushings and pins can not withstand anything other than pavement and concerete….. can not even run in the grass
What is the part number you're having issues with?
The pins that holds the front control arms

Last edited:
I replaced with GPM…. The bushings and pins can not withstand anything other than pavement and concerete….. can not even run in the grass

The pins that holds the front control arms
Without a stock part number I dont know what I'm looking for.

I'm not finding any after market hinge pins for that kit except for the GPM ones but those are made out of stainless steel which bends fairly easily. Probably better off with stock ones over the GPM ones. Unless those are stainless steel also 🤷‍♂️

I am assuming since his are breaking the GPM ones are a low grade carbon steel. Chinese steel is just the worst. If you break it and look at the cross section you will see it looks like pot metal. Very porous and fragile. Go with factory replacements, or measure the pins and look online for similar pins. Places like McMaster sells various pins which are for industrial use. You won't find anything better, but they can be a little spendy.

https://www.mcmaster.com/pins/system-of-measurement~metric/head-type~retaining-ring-groove/

You can also find sources for these elsewhere. You just have to do some hunting around.

Another option is buy the pin material, again from McMaster. Cut the pin to length and chuck it up in a drill. Get a dremel with the really thin cutoff wheels and cut a small groove in the ends while spinning the drill as fast as it will go. I have had to resort to this a number of times for various projects, and it is pretty easy to do.

Last edited:
The GPM hinge pins are made from stainless steel according to their website, which would make sense that he keeps bending them. Kinda surprised GPM usually makes good strong 6061-T6 aluminum for all their hop ups or at least they did in the past. They seem to like using stainless steel for some stuff now.

The GPM hinge pins are made from stainless steel according to their website, which would make sense that he keeps bending them. Kinda surprised GPM usually makes good strong 6061-T6 aluminum for all their hop ups or at least they did in the past. They seem to like using stainless steel for some stuff now.
That's strange because he is saying they are breaking, not bending.

That's strange because he is saying they are breaking, not bending.
hmmmm he did say breaking. For some reason I originally read that as bending. I've had a lot of stock hinge pins bend on me over the years but outsode of 100+MPH wrecks I dont think I've ever had one break. Either way though the GPM ones say they are Stainless.

Capture.JPG

This give the dimensions of the hinge pins though so you could try and fine some that are the same size from another kit.

hmmmm he did say breaking. For some reason I originally read that as bending. I've had a lot of stock hinge pins bend on me over the years but outsode of 100+MPH wrecks I dont think I've ever had one break. Either way though the GPM ones say they are Stainless.

View attachment 130459

This give the dimensions of the hinge pins though so you could try and fine some that are the same size from another kit.
Over the years I have learned the term "false advertisement" isn't something the Chinese understand, or even care about. If his are breaking I am betting they just tossed that stainless description on there to make their product look cool. Or they found a way to make a gummy, soft metal brittle. As I have said before, the Chinese think "stainless" makes things better. If it is indeed stainless, the fact that they would use stainless to make a hinge pin to begin with is just dumb. They might as well use a spaghetti noodle. Stainless belongs absolutely nowhere in the RC hobby in my opinion.

lol,
Over the years I have learned the term "false advertisement" isn't something the Chinese understand, or even care about. If his are breaking I am betting they just tossed that stainless description on there to make their product look cool. Or they found a way to make a gummy, soft metal brittle. As I have said before, the Chinese think "stainless" makes things better. If it is indeed stainless, the fact that they would use stainless to make a hinge pin to begin with is just dumb. They might as well use a spaghetti noodle. Stainless belongs absolutely nowhere in the RC hobby in my opinion.
yeah, they definitely dont care :hehe:

i really appreciate all the responses. They are BENDING and not breaking. I did purchase some losi parts and so far so good. I don’t recommend GPM pins.

i really appreciate all the responses. They are BENDING and not breaking. I did purchase some losi parts and so far so good. I don’t recommend GPM pins.
Ok, that makes more sense then. Yeah stainless links and pins are just a really dumb idea.

Yeah you definitely dont want to buy stainless steel parts on anything you need to be stronger. Stainless bends pretty easily compared to regular steel or hardened aluminum

Get the ones for scte 2.0 or 3.0 . They are better. Its what l have in both of mine

Back