Losi Super Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrobe2112

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
lst-web-core.jpg

Length 22"

Width 18.5"

Wheelbase 14.2"

Weight 13 pounds

Travel 3.5" (chassis)

Tire size 7.0"x 4.20"

Wheel Size 3.4"x 3"

Fuel tank capacity 171cc

Top Speed: 40mph range

http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/LST/index_main.htm

They are including a JR Synth (Xs3?) equiped radio. I wonder what the street price will be. I hope they stay competive price wise to the MGT, T-Maxx and Savage.

Well, i think they will be somewhat competative.. but i think the synthesized radio and all that.. may be a little overkill.. they may end up with the JR XR3 radio instead.. cuz that will put that truck over 600 easy.. i think.. they may even have a kit form of the truck too..

If they do offer a kit, I may have to add it to my growing collection.

this may be the rc that gets me started in monster trucks

I think the price is going to be around $600.

That is a sweet looking truck....those shocks look massive. Check out that chassis. It looks like Losi is going for a "race" monster truck. Engine in the center, fuel tank in the center, the tranny is on one side and the pipe is on the other to offset the weight.

Something tells me it'll be the baddest truck on the track.

It looks like they took thier time and did some things right. The single shock per wheel is great. Much better than xtm mammoth with the uneven length shocks.

simple math..........the savage with a rated 2.5 hp motor and a dry weight listed @11 lbs equals 4.4 lbs per hp.the LST with a rated 2.75 hp motor and a dry weight listed @13 lbs equals 4.73 lbs per hp.since the hp to weight ratio is less on the LST(weaker) it stands to reason that itwill not be as fast as the savage.while many variables affect performance (gearing,mixture,etc)hp to weight ratio should give you a good initial guesstamite on the trucks acceleration abilities

even more math...........the mgt has a listed dry weight of 12 lbs.with a .21 motor rated @2.1hp .The hp to weight ratio is 1 hp to every 5.7 lbs.this weight to power ratio is poor in comparison to the savage and the Lst. For myself the decision is now between the proven savage and the yet to be released Lst. Any and all opinions reguarding either of these trucks will be apreciated as i attempt to decide which truck to purchase.
Also,has anyone out there ever succesfully removed anodizing from an alluminum part and either re-anodized it a differnt color or simply polished it(dont like the blue on theLst)

Do the math

If you apply your math formula to the new GS Storm Unlimited Truck at 9 pounds and a .25 rear ported engine you can see why this truck easily won the 2003 NORRCA Unlimited Truck National Championship.