Losi Mini-T Setup Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Losi Mini-T Setup Question (Reset ESC/RX)

Ok, I bought a Losi Mini-T to terrorize the cats and for general fun around the house. The only upgrade I really plan on doing was the 7.2v pack that I have already bought.

Before I bought the pack from the store, I was using standard rechargable AA's. I was able to run maybe 2 full charges through the mini-t out of the box without changing any settings.

Out of nowhere, the truck stops going forward. It moved backward, but not forward. The steering still worked, just no forward motion. I messed around with the trim on the transmitter, etc...no luck. Next day I called the LHS and asked if there were anything I could do while I was waiting to come out there to buy more parts for dad's MT2. He said it has setup instructions for the ESC in the manual. It doesn't, and he insisted on it when I had him fix it that it was in the manual and that I had all the trims set wrong, etc...basically said I was an idiot and should have read the manual.

To sum it up, I have looked this manual over several times and unless there is a page missing I do not see ANYTHING about setting up the truck. He was able to fix it but offered no explanation of what he did or how he fixed it other than I had it set up wrong. I fear this will happen again when I'm running it.

I had to re-stick the ESC/Receiver with double sided tape so he must have taken that off. I also notice that I can only trim my steering one way now which is really annoying. Obviously I can just adjust the servo or something, but I'm thinking he re-set the radio?

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I included all details.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be rude by bumping the post, but I'm really getting agitated that I can not figure this one out, I have read through countless pages of google and I do not see one mention of resetting the factory ESC or receiver. I'm really getting frustrated, please help.

Anyone? :surrender

I'm stumped. Had to replace a bunch of parts on my Mini-t (got run over), but nothing like you have had to do. It comes pre-set up, so you shouldn't have had to do anything. I think you might have just had a prob from the factory and your LHS is jerking your chain.

I believe so, which frustrates me considering I have almost $200 invested in this thing I could have bought the kit version and put a decent esc/rec on there and cut the middle man. I just bought the rtr version because this is for indoors w/the cats.

We will see, but I'm still frustrated that I have to recalibrate my steering now? He says that the setup was in my manual, I'm tempted to take it back up there and say "Show me where or give me a refund". I argued with him a little over it, but at least he fixed it...but when I asked if it were something I needed to know how to do in the future he sets the manual back in the plastic and said it was all in there. Well, It isn't.

It works for now, so I will overlook it. I just can't justify replacing the ESC/RX and TX on this one when I could have bought the kit, done the same thing, and been pre-upgraded. Oh the frustration... I spend quite a bit of cash there, including my dad and friends. If he knows what is good for keeping my business he will make it right.

For now, I will just call losi customer service and see if they will send a new unit or explain to me wtf he did.

he probably just put a new esc on it, due to it being completely undone from the vehicle. Thats just my openion, but i could be wrong.

I would be a happier customer knowing that information than basically being told I'm ignorant for not reading the manual even though I had looked it over several times trying to figure it out on my own. It just doesn't seem like he'd do that, but who knows. Why a new ESC/Receiver would cause me to have only one-way adjustment to my steering trim (Straight ahead 'Trimmed All The Way to the Left' or to the Right). I'm just confused is all, I like to know why things happen...and this one is causing me to lose sleep and lose focus at work. I know at the end of the day I can just buy a new Mini-T for $130.00, but that's beside the point.

I guess I will ask him personally next time I'm in the shop...which will be shortly to spend nearly $1,000....I'm sure he will answer my question then?

Last edited:
Well, 45 minutes of being on hold I realize their customer service isn't up to par. Neat