Losi Mini Rock Crawler Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got a new Mini Rock Crawler and am looking for good upgrades for a more casual type crawler. I've already installed LiPos. Any other suggestions?

Just to clarify is it the mini 1.9 version or the newer micro version, Losi has so many different versions of rock crawlers right now it is hard to keep them all straight, LOL!!!!

It's the Mini with the 1.9 in wheels.

First thing I would upgrade are the shocks and tires that will make a huge difference, The Losi aluminum shocks work well and the Proline Chisles for the 1.9 wheels also work well from what I have seen at comps, Also you will want to do the full size steering servo mod, a Hitec 645 works well on the 1.9's.

The steering servo conversion sounds good. I have the 5645 digital version here doing nothing.

What is needed for the full size servo conversion? I couldn't quite get it to fit and to be secure enough for my taste with the stock mount.

Has anyone had any expereince with the Mongoose Crawler Micro Brushless System? I've been reading that some people here have had problems with the larger Novak ESCs.

Back