Losi Mini-LST2 - Lipo Safe with Stock ESC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I just bought a Losi Mini-LST2, and was curious to know if the stock ESC would be capable of handling a 2s lipo. It is a 7.4v/1650mAh 20c losi pack. I've searched Google, but can't find anything about the stock speed control in combination with lipo or the specs on it. The manual mentions lipo fire warnings, but nothing about whether or not the speed control has a voltage cutoff. I remember the Mini-Monster Baja coming with lipo from the factory, but my pack says that it does not have voltage safety built in. I bought this pack when I had my brushless Mini-T. Also on the pack it says Mini-LST2.

I just want to be certain I won't burn up the speed control by using this pack, and just to know whether or not the stock speed control has programmable voltage shutoff. I really don't want to convert this one to brushless just yet, but it may be something I do down the road.

Yes, It is safe. I purchased the Mini Monster Baja, before it was discontinued, and it came with the losi lipo. I believe that the cutoff is in the battery. I have had mine cut off on me before, but I never questioned where the cutoff came from. I ran 7.2 nimh from my Mini-T in it and do not remember it shutting off then.

Last edited:
Excellent, are you aware of any voltage cutoff/ lipo protection built into the esc?

No. there is not a cutoff in the stock ESC, so be careful if you use any aftermarket lipo.

Back