Losi Mega Baja LST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all back together
The last one is a size comparison to my first non toy TV car it's big

That's how big a 1/8th scale monster truck is.
LST2 and Savage X
IMG_6099-L.jpg

IMG_6111-L.jpg

That truck may have been only ran a couple of times an may still be in its break-in carb settings ,I can tell ,
there is NO road rash on the arms or chassy an the components are too clean!

The engine probably or probably not had after run oil put in for storage ,but it doesn't matter ,it
all has to be broke down & cleaned & relubed ,because after run oil breaks down too an becomes
cacah ,in my opinion ,that is the cleanest used Losi that I ever seen ,that tells me that the owner
gave up on it an lost interest in it early stage!

Just do what you can with it ,if it works out for you ,then it would be an awesome truck ,it dont
take a brain to rebuild this stuff!..:thumbs-up:

but I do wonder how much this thing is worth
I gave you an idea what its worth in my previous response. Without the Baja body (and I dont see it in any of your pics) its not worth nearly as much as it would be with the body, especially if the body was in good condition. Yours with the body i see on it, if it runs, Id say $300ish.

LOL, you already know its on my watched list :)

Not trying to be a di*k.. or hurt feelings.. Buy you keep saying it hasn't been used.?? And this is your first nitro.. what says it hasn't been used?? Because I'm wondering why's there fuel oil all over chassis and fuel tank.. and the fuel is still in the fuel lines.. the under belly has fuel oil from the fly wheel spinning.. so I'm pretty sure it's been ran bud. Sorry but it's what I see in the pictures.. I see you took off the motor and the tank and the gear case and trans.And the exhust off top of chassis.. what about the rest of the Truck? The diffs the drive train. Shocks and shock oil. All the bearings..the trans and all gears reoil bearings re grease trans new diff fluid there's alot to breaking down a nitro... I mean it usually will take a whole weekend to break down and go over the whole RC truck the rite way.. and then another few to put back together.. I mean I would take every thing off a arms hinge pins take the motor apart. Go over with a fine tooth comb before I put a drop of fuel back in it...
Not trying to be a jerk either but I have to agree with Stoner. Its definitely been run before. You can see the fuel oil and the left rear body post has some roadrash on it. That being said it doesn't look like its seen much use though. Like Baker said, they may not have even finished breaking that engine in. Also like all the others have said, you really need to go though every part of that thing. If not a complete tear down to the chassis at least tear down everything that has a bearing or a gear in it. Not to mention a complete tear down of the engine.

On a side note... I wonder if I have my time line correct. I could have sworn the Aftershock, Mega Baja, and the Ramintor came out after the LST2 but if thats true why do all 3 of those kits use the same c hubs, steering knuckles, and hexes that the LST1 does instead of the LST2 pieces? Anyone have any insight on that?

This is what a brand new engine looks like from never being tune off its rich setting ,an a
newbie doesn't tune it or dont know that it is suppose to be tuned off of its rich setting!
eventually they give up because of lack of performance!..:hehe::hehe::hehe:

The engine is still like brand new an runs great in the MMgt, ,I have rescent run vids of it!..:cool:

Electrics are cheaper to run also.
I figured that out when I got fuel for it
Not trying to be a di*k.. or hurt feelings.. Buy you keep saying it hasn't been used.?? And this is your first nitro.. what says it hasn't been used?? Because I'm wondering why's there fuel oil all over chassis and fuel tank.. and the fuel is still in the fuel lines.. the under belly has fuel oil from the fly wheel spinning.. so I'm pretty sure it's been ran bud. Sorry but it's what I see in the pictures.. I see you took off the motor and the tank and the gear case and trans.And the exhust off top of chassis.. what about the rest of the Truck? The diffs the drive train. Shocks and shock oil. All the bearings..the trans and all gears reoil bearings re grease trans new diff fluid there's alot to breaking down a nitro... I mean it usually will take a whole weekend to break down and go over the whole RC truck the rite way.. and then another few to put back together.. I mean I would take every thing off a arms hinge pins take the motor apart. Go over with a fine tooth comb before I put a drop of fuel back in it...
It hasn't been used by my neighbor someone else used it before he ever got it

I figured that out when I got fuel for it

It hasn't been used by my neighbor someone else used it before he ever got it
Well then there you go bud... you can't say it's never been used just cuz your neighbor didn't use it 🤣🤣🤣🤣 because it has been used and you don't know what was done if the engine was broken in correctl.. honestlylooks like the guy who had it probably didn't know what he was doing and somethingdidn't work rite and he just gave up on it.. I would definitely tear that whole thing rite down to a very bare chassis and every screw out and dump all the diff fluid shock oil gear grease cleaned.because you never know what that other person did... get some new shock oil ,bearing oil, grease for the trans gears, new diff fluid and pull them apart and check them.. really need to go threw and over the whole truck bud.. wouldn't want you to try a drive it and everything takes a 💩💩 on you and breaks.. then your stuck with someone else's problem.. and taken it apart again to fix something that could have been prevented and seen before you drive it ... want you to have fun with the new nitro not HATE NITRO... that's all... better to be safe then sorry... shoot I take apart and go over everything from top to bottom on Brand new from the factory RCs.. rite down to the last screw and gear...
That's how big a 1/8th scale monster truck is.
LST2 and Savage X
IMG_6099-L.jpg

IMG_6111-L.jpg
Ya the 1/8 is a big Truck for sure..

But this is what big is... sorry to burst your happy 1/8 bubble.. 🤣🤣

This is my X 8s with my 1/8 maxx 3.3 on right and 1/10 T/E maxx on left now thats ridiculous BIG for a RC.. and the X is stupid fast and wheelies for as long as the day is bright.. at just a tap of the throttle🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 16293222546105264488073206516193.jpg
    16293222546105264488073206516193.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 16293222785852751080093750077557.jpg
    16293222785852751080093750077557.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
definitely not worth the trade imo..

I'm in over my head I think with one of these things too. Mine was given to me but it's stripped basically and I never used Nitro or gas RCs before so I have no clue what I would even need or how to tear it all down like I see so many people telling you that is whats needed. It looks awesome but I'm guessing it's way more expensive than the electric RCs I'm used to.

Back