Losi LST2 Super Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OreRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got a LST2. What are some good Up Grades??? All stock right now. Thanks

RPM Arms are always a good start. A good tuned pipe is another good idea. You also want to go through the rig and make sure that all the screw going into metal are using blue LocTite or similar thread locker. Also it's a good idea to seal the engine. There are a few good stickies at the top of this section that have a lot of good info.

replace all your bearings, here is a list of the bearings you need from fasteddys

MR85 2RS 5x8x2.5 4 PCS
MR105 2RS 5x10x4 2 PCS
MR106 2RS 6x10x3 8 PCS
MR126 2RS 6x12x4 4 PCS
MF126 2RS 6x12x4 Flanged 4 PCS
688 2RS 8x16x5 12 PCS
6702 2RS 15x21x4 4 PCS

and

this quote was in response to someone asking almost the same thing

Aluminum C-Hubs (?) - I just recently broke a c-hub for the first time a few weeks ago. I ordered GPM aluminum replacement (mainly cuz they were the only red ones I could find.) GPM stuff is decent but not quite as strong as Dynamite. I try to get dynamite aluminum parts for it when I can.

Aluminum Shock body (?) - can't really say much here. I bought aluminum shocks for mine and never even tried using the plastic ones. Personally if you got the money I would go aluminum here but The plastic ones will probably be fine also. I've never read anything about folks having issues with them.

Dynamite Fuel Filter (Big Daddy) - +1

GPM Engine Brace - I would try to find Dynamite but anything is better than the stock brace.

Losi Dual rate springs (yellow?) My springs arent dual rate but they are yellow. I like those for big jumps.

Losi Hard Ano Front Skid Plate - I wouldnt bother. Other than looks. I've never worn out a normal skid plate.

New Era Roll Bar - I never have but alot of guys sing the praises of this hop-up.

RPM A-arms - For me its a must for the fronts. I never put them in the back because i dont believe I've ever broken a rear arm.....its always the fronts.

Shock covers (Losi?) - Bling...nice looking but not necessary.

Shock Oil (?) - I use 60wt along with yellow springs. brand to me doesn't seem to matter much. I usually use the cheap stuff that TheToyz.com carries. cheapest shock oil I've found and every bit as good as Losi brand IMO. I think its Racers Edge brand but Id have to look to be sure.

BAC Link (?) - never needed them but I know Schroemode used it.

Ball bearings (?) - I just use cheap rubber sealed chinese bearings if/when I need replacements.

Battery Pack (?) I just bought a couple extra of the stock 5cell NiMH packs it comes with and use those.

Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles (?) - I've only ever broken one turnbuckle so i havent hopped those up yet but if I was going to this is what I would use.

M2C Motor Mount (?) - I've never had a problem with the stock mount.

TiNi Shock Shaft (?) I have the TiNi in the fronts on both my XXL and my LST2....Never had a reason to replace teh rears.

Set screws (?) - If you actually mean set screws I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you meant a screw set in order to have spare screws I would look on ebay. there are a few on there.

Sway Bar (?) - I havent gotten around to trying out the sway bars....I've been wanting to for quite awhile though, at least on my LST2-E

EDS Hex Drivers 1/16 & 1/32 (?) - I own an entire set of Team EDS hex drivers and their exhaust spring tool. These things are boss. The tips are made from spring steel and the tips edges are ground so they have alot more bite and alot more strength than most other sets who use cast metals for their tips. The EDS tips are made from the same material, in the same fashion, and some folks claim they have their tips made by the same company that makes Hudy's tips. I believe this to be true since the tips look virtually identical to Hudy's but at a much cheaper cost. That is unless you have them engrave your name on them like I did which costs an extra $2 per tool. The 4 piece set (either standard or metric) is $40 plus shipping. Both sets together without engraving are 80 bucks, Hudy's are $118 minimum if you can find their big 8 piece set in stock. I ordered the 8 pieces plus the additional spring tool with all 9 pieces engraved plus shipping for $117 bucks. Love Team EDS I hope they never loose their quality.

Locktite (?) - always need blue

Allen Drivers (?) - See Team EDS above :)

Additionally I'll add that I personally like adding the LST2 wing to the kit myself :) Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Cool, Thanks Everyone. I am in Oregon and I dont think I will be out driving anytime soon, so that should give me some time to get her ready.

Ill update that reply a bit by saying Lunsford turnbuckles are on the fronts of both my XXL and my LST2 now and will soon be on the rears too when I get the money....For some reason I had a rash of broken turn buckles over the last few weeks. Id also add the aluminum bell crank may be a possible hop up I end up doing as well seeing as how I broke one of these 2 weeks ago as well.

Will the aluminum bell crank help with handling? You got a Lu k for this?

I dont believe it will do anything for handling but I know its a total PITA to replace that part. Only reason I didnt go aluminum yet is cuz I had 2 extras. Not sure what you were trying to type but I dont understand what "Lu k" was supposed to be. Sorry

Lmao that was supposed to say link. I'd like to blame autocorrect but I don't know if I can.

^^+1 to the New Era roll bar, I'm pretty sure it stopped my truck from folding in half during my last crash.

I know GRP makes some aluminum bell cranks. LINK. Other than that I havent really looked around for them.

I snapped a ton of turnbuckles and changed to lunsford, then never had an issue again.

If you get RPM arms, they come with adjustable upper arms. DO NOT USE THE TURNBUCKLES THAT COME WITH THEM!!! They will snap off if you look at them funny, then you have to probably mangle the arm with a dremel to cut a slot in it and remove the stump. I broke 2 within 1 tank of installing the arms. Get lunsford for these as well. Costly, but worth it, lunsford 1540 are the ones I used. Tough as nails. Never bent one or busted an RPM arm and I beat the snot out of my rigs.

For shock springs, RC Raven dual rate are what I ran and they were far better than stock or the yellows. For me, the yellows were just ridged. The RC Raven's made a big difference in big air handling vs typical running around handling. With the standard single rate springs, it's a compromise. Plush ride with hard bottoming on big air, or drives like a brick, but can handle big air. RC raven gives you both.

+1 on the new era roll bar
+1 on the GPM/dynamite engine brace. Personally, I drilled mine out and put nut/bolt through it so it wouldn't vibrate loose on me all the time, which defeated the purpose of it.

Thanks for the heads up Olds....I bought RPM arms for both kits but I havent installed them yet.

Those Springs say they are for the LST.....Will they also fit the LST2/XXL?

Last edited:
Back