losi lst2 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackel

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought a used lst 2 havin truble with it when its cold it will fire up it will run for a few minn then stall then wont start. I've had the carb off tore it down cleend it up went to fact specs on the hsn/lsn checked the head gasket its ok took the primer out of the tank any idas my savy k46 used to do this when the motor was about to die the truck is grate shape head button dint look cooked put a axal 32 spec on the savy but the mach 427 seemed to do ok i liked it good reviews is thire something I'm missin???? :\

If the Piston ad sleeve are are near death, I would say get a re-pinch. Do you know how much fuel the engine has seen?

IME, the mach 427 doesn't have a long life and as it comes to an end, it gives the exact symptoms your fighting with. Hows the tune? My buddies wouldn't tune worth a hoot either.

Pull the piston/sleeve out of it and if the piston pushes through the top easily even a little bit, it's time for a pinch.

Take a look at this thread: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56420&highlight=rayaracing

If the piston will easily push through like the 427 or SH28 in the photo, it's time for work to be done on the sleeve. Much cheaper to go $25 for a pinch than $50 for a new P/S. Holds up for quite some time too.

Believe me, the pinch added much life back to my buddies 427. It had never ran so good. It was his first nitro, which means, it put up with a newbie break-in... in January during 30F and lower temps... I'm surprised it lasted 4 gallons in the first place after that!

lst2 probblems

THANKS olds
ill go out tear it down and see whats up. good job and thanks agin the truck is in grate shape just the motor stinks.:D

lst problems

Yep, the piston comes up thru a good 1/16th to 1/8 pinch time for 427. I had not herd of this pinch thing. the guy that had it did not break it in properly eather.I paid 250 for the truck its clean i mean new clean so i can't complain. sooner or later i want to put a axail 32 spec i have one on my x and it impresed me for the money. but till then pinch it or rob the savy:D thanks olds.