Losi LST XXL - NEW

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeDogg

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
attachment.php

I looked around on the fourm and didn't see this posted anywhere. Sorry if I missed it. Anywhere here you go. I think this thing will rock.

Looks like the new motor might be made by GRP..

--------------------------

The nitro-powered 1/8-scale LST XXL RTR Monster Truck proves that bigger is always better. The LST XXL features parts and design elements that make it more durable than you could possibly imagine. The LST XXL features an extended wheelbase and a longer chassis which provides improved handling and stability, making for a better ride and easier operation.

The installed Losi 454 Engine is designed to produce unbeatable low end torque as well as high-rev horsepower for insane top speeds. Dyno tuned and ported for the highest level of power from the first startup, the 454 big block engine can pull the LST XXL from a dead stop up to speeds approaching 50 mph without a hiccup. The 454 Engine also offers the convenience of a combo Pull Start/Spin-Start backplate, with a hand held, push-button Spin-Start unit included.

Spektrum’s DX3S 3-Channel sport radio system with 2.4GHz DSM technology lets LST XXL drivers and racers experience the next level in precise control, while offering the added benefit of integrated telemetry. The addition of integrated telemetry provides users with real-time information such as head temperature, speed, RPM and voltage information. The LST XXL includes a NiMH receiver battery, making it easy to fire up the engine and get started.

The 2-speed transmission in the LST XXL offers optimized gear ratios for the perfect combination of low-end, turf-shredding torque and high-rev, high-speed horsepower. Additionally, the transmission offers reverse, making maneuvering easier. The 3-shoe aluminum clutch design features high-strength steel clutch springs to ensure that when you grab the throttle, the clutch is there to get the LST XXL moving in a hurry.

Armed with high-torque motors and metal gears, the dual steering servos on the LST XXL can move the oversized Force wheels and tires with outstanding precision. Twin servos offer double the torque, so you can point the LST XXL wherever you want it to go and expect it to respond instantly.

The molded suspension components on the LST XXL are formed from the same high-impact polymers and compounds used on Losi’s 1/8-scale race platforms, offering unmatched durability and precision. The front, rear and center CV driveshafts provide efficient drivetrain power, and the differentials on the LST XXL are built with metal gears to handle serious off-road abuse.

Tackling any terrain requires some intense traction, and the LST XXL delivers with custom chrome Force wheels and purpose-designed ATX tires. The custom look of the chrome wheels stays uninterrupted thanks to removable chrome caps to cover the wheel nuts for added realism. Losi’s ATX tires let the LST XXL take on anything in its path without hesitation, rolling over obstacles that would stop other trucks in their tracks.

Features:

* Extended chassis offers increased handling and stability on the roughest terrain
* Installed Losi 454 Engine offers the convenience of a dual Pull Start/Spin-Start backplate, with the hand-held spin-start unit included
* Spektrum DX3S 3-Channel 2.4GHz DSM radio system with integrated telemetry
* Forward & reverse 2-speed transmission features optimized gear ratios for low-end torque and high-rev horsepower
* Ultra-durable molded suspension components offer unmatched durability and precision
* Twin, high-torque steering servos offer double the torque and provide instant response
* 420 Series Force wheels and ATX tires take on anything in their path without hesitation
* Complete ball bearings, even on the steering, for smooth and efficient operation
* All steel gears in the transmission for power and durability
* 3-Shoe clutch with all-aluminum shoes for effective power transfer
* Metal gear differentials built to handle serious off-road abuse
* CV Driveshafts front, rear & center for more efficient drivetrain power

Product Specifications:

Type:4WD Monster Truck
Scale:1/8
Length:23 in (589mm)
Width:18.5 in (470mm)
Wheelbase:15.3 in (391mm)
Weight:13 lbs (5897g)
Motor or Engine:454 Nitro Engine
Radio:Spektrum™ DX3S with built in telemetry
Kit/RTR:RTR

Needed to Complete:

* Nitro Fuel
* Glow Driver
* 7.2V Battery Pack for Spin-Start Unit
* Battery Charger for Included 6V 900mAh NiMH Receiver Battery Pack

LOSB0016 - $669.99

LINK -- http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0016

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The LST2 was the perfect length and balanced beautifully. This truck looks way too long and too narrow. I like all the other upgrades though.

Am I correct in seeing the engine is a .70+ size? And I wonder if Losi used goofy axle extenders (ala HPI) or if they did the extension properly (longer arms, etc). Either way, I'm diggin it.

I think I replied to this question in another thread about this truck but the engine should be a .27

The Mach 427 is 4.27 cc which is a .26. The Mach 454 in this truck would equate to .27 ci displacement using the same calculation.

Engine Specs

The Losi 454 Engine is designed to produce unbeatable low end torque as well as high-rev horsepower for insane top speeds. Dyno tuned and ported for the highest level of power from the first startup, the 454 big block engine can pull the LST XXL from a dead stop up to speeds approaching 50 mph without a hiccup.

Losi 454 Engine Specs

BORE: 0.728 in (18.50mm)
Stroke:0.669 in (17.00mm)
RPM: 36,000
Weight:0.859 lb (390g)
Piston /Sleeve: Silicone aluminum/brass with
chrome plating (ABC)
Connecting rod: Knife edged, lightened,
I-beamed,7075 T-6 alloy with oil hole and bushing
Crankshaft: High-carbon steel, precision ground
and polished with "turbo grooves"
Ball bearings: Front and rear of crankshaft
Cooling: Extra large anodized cool head with
easy access mounting reliefs
Starting: Combo pull/Spin-Start ready

I can't see where it's "lengthened"... also cute how they show plastic shocks in the stills, but the video has blue anno'd and silver anno'd. I'm trying to figure out why you would want it longer than the original anyway? It's already a pretty long truck and balanced really well.

They geared it differently in the trans... great, now more crap to keep track of when shopping on ebay.

Odd the things they went cheap on... shocks, brakes, engine brace (same as the others). I guess it's mostly still the same. Same arms and most other parts. Just geared a bit different inside the trans, running a +1 cb, same old spurs. Nice radio though.

They went a bit wider (4mm): http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA3532

Oh well... guess I'll just stick with my "old" reliable.

The Spektrum radio with telemetry is way cool but otherwise I will stick with my LST. Still the 1/8th standard.

I dont think this truck warrants going out and getting it if you already own a LST/LST/ or some version there of.. But some of the upgrades to this might be fun to port over to the trucks we already have.

I guess I am most excited about the new motor being I think it is from GRP. Well excited to see how it runs!

I am pretty sure it is another SH mill. The cooling head gives it away.

I imagine it's a GRP engine just like the Mach 427. I don't know if GRP engines are actually manufactured by SH or what.

Nah the Mach 427 is an SH mill, all made in Tawain. GRP's are Italian made, I think Novarossi makes them.

the grp is italian and part of the rosi family. I read that this motor is tuned. That's cool if its the case.

Might be worth it just to buy the motor from a chopshop by itself... Imagine the SC8 with that in it.....

i just mainly just like the radio and electronics, oh and i guess ill take the shocks for my XL... the lst is just plainly to weak in in my opinion, and too hard to work on!