Losi LST mach .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxFX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, so has anyone blown up their mach .26 right after break-in because of the fuel filter being less than an inch from the inlet nipple, I idled about 5 tanks not exceding 160 degrees on break-in and started leaning it a little an got to about 1/2 turn in from break-in and at a race I noticed not a complete flow of fuel in the fuel line between the filter and carb like it was falling back into the filter, it was running about 195 at this time I got to the line and it started fluttering, I took off and had the other truck by 20feet in side by side racing and it died all in about 45 seconds I checked the temp 300+, found metal shaving when I took the glow plug out, now I've been running nitro for about 5 years and never blew up a motor so I know this was not my fault so its going back to LOSI monday!! :arrr: this is how I feel, also I'm running odonnels which has enough oil to run my chevy s10

I doubt having the fuel filter that close to the carb would have anything to do with your engine issues.

I read in another forum (can't remeber where) but the LST version of the Mach26 with the electric start has a washer on the backplate that desintergrates releasing metal filings destroying the engine. I read many people with this knowledge remove the washer before they run it. Obviously the engine is fine after it's done. I also read that it is a warranty issue. Call your lhs or distributor. Take off the backplate and have a look. I think it may have been the b a n n e d r c forum.

Last edited:
I've read about the same kind of thing Toycar said with guys using that engine in their savages at savagecentral.

Yup, if you haven't removed the washer and you're past breakin, its the washer.

On the other message board they've made this issue a sticky. Telling all owners to remove the washer. They state that Losi says to keep the washer in till after break in then remove it.

And yes, Losi will warranty it, just leave the mess as it is and contact them....

Big help guys, thanks I'll be sending it next day air Monday morning, hope I get it before the 29th we are gonna be running at the dodge ram monster jam at the citrus bowl in orlando! thanks again :)

Back