losi lst in the cold,change glow plug??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo-newbie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi I've just bought a lst1 preowned and the guy says i shouldnt use his set up i should tune it myself even if i use the same fuel as him because and i quote "using it in the winter means changing the glow plug?" is this true? i am a newbie and i know it may be leaner or richer in different temps but the glow plug?!

He is correct. There are different plugs for running in hot or cold weather. You'll need a cold plug and you'll most likely have to richen your setting. I also recommend wrapping an infant's sock cuff or tin foil around the head to keep the engine temps in a performance range.

can you recommend a cold plug?
thanks

Sorry, but I've never run any of my nitro engines in the cold. At that temp I don't want to risk a stall in a plane or heli, and I'd rather just leave my settings where they are and wait for the springtime.

Just check back here, someone with really warm socks will give you the info you need.

Just out of curiousity as I'm kinda new to this tuning motors and not to bite on your thread. But what is considered cold temp wise to have to make an adjustment to your tune? I'm still seeing 60's out here in Vegas and I'm trying to break in a new motor is this too cold my plan was to get this thing running well now then shut it down here in a few weeks and wait till spring to play again as January can get a bit cold out in the desert. I figured Id have to readjust my settings for summer givin we see anywhere from 100 to 120 out here. Just curious.

Break in is all about engine temps and proper lube. 60 is the stop point for me, and I prefer 70 or above for any break in. You'll still be alright as long as you have a temp gauge and monitor your engine closely.

Got a temp gun and I'm sitting at the 210 mark right now but just broke a output shaft. Thanks for the info.:first_place:

well I'm in the uk and its always cold!! i still wanna use it but it gets down to 0 degrees here in the night (the only chancei get to play!!) will this damage the rig running it in these conditions or just not give me the full performance? i had it out in about 5 degress cent the other day and it seemed to run fine and i didnt make any real adjustments?

Back