Losi Lasernut U4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Fried One

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This truck is pretty awesome to bash. Some things I don't like is the loose steering. It seems to have alot of slop. I would really like to tighten up steering.East Tactics has a YouTube channel and shows adding 2 or 3 C Clips to the steering saver to tighten it up. He used it on a Kraton. Compared to my Arrma Talion the difference is night and day. So far I replaced the steering and bell crank with an aluminum unit for Exotek. Replaced the centre diff fluid with 500K. I can now do wheelies since the fluid change. Also installed a couple of Rocket fans on ESC and motor. Bumped punch to level 6.
So what is needed to improve the steering. Right now it is very twitchy and I cannot open full throttle . I guess the big soft tires and loose steering are not complimenting each other at fast speeds on pavement. In the dirt it's a different animal. As far as diff fluids go what is recommended for the front and rear diffs. Shock oil if changed to a heavier weight that would probably dampen the bounce. I have 60Wt on hand. Any suggestions will be great.
Cheers Guys.

Jimbobjr

RCNT Champion
Reaction score
I love the Lasernut, on bare dirt it is my favorite 4s rig. To get mine to steer I pulled servo saver out and tightened it almost all the way. There’s no way to tighten it in the car without making a mess of it with pliers.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This truck is pretty awesome to bash. Some things I don't like is the loose steering. It seems to have alot of slop. I would really like to tighten up steering.East Tactics has a YouTube channel and shows adding 2 or 3 C Clips to the steering saver to tighten it up. He used it on a Kraton. Compared to my Arrma Talion the difference is night and day. So far I replaced the steering and bell crank with an aluminum unit for Exotek. Replaced the centre diff fluid with 500K. I can now do wheelies since the fluid change. Also installed a couple of Rocket fans on ESC and motor. Bumped punch to level 6.
So what is needed to improve the steering. Right now it is very twitchy and I cannot open full throttle . I guess the big soft tires and loose steering are not complimenting each other at fast speeds on pavement. In the dirt it's a different animal. As far as diff fluids go what is recommended for the front and rear diffs. Shock oil if changed to a heavier weight that would probably dampen the bounce. I have 60Wt on hand. Any suggestions will be great.
Cheers Guys.
I dont own that kit so I can't really give you any advice on diff fluids etc. The only thing I can say is that a desert buggy isnt going to drive very well on road. It wasn't meant for that.

Fried One

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good point you mentioned. I guess we sometimes loose sight of what the vehicle was designed to do and we want it to perform as good as some of our other better performing vehicles. It is a great vehicle in the dirt for sure.
I love the Lasernut, on bare dirt it is my favorite 4s rig. To get mine to steer I pulled servo saver out and tightened it almost all the way. There’s no way to tighten it in the car without making a mess of it with pliers.
I agree it's a blast in the dirt. I will try to tighten up my servo as well. Will have to do a search on it.
Thanks Bud.

Fried One

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I took out my servo saver yesterday and tightend it about 5 half turns. Could probably have gone another full turn but it was pretty loose. I did not a big improvement in the steering . It seems a little more precise now and feels a bit tighter.
Thank you.