losi aftershock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdawg99654

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been running my aftershock with the stock jr throttle servos and for some reason all of the sudden when just driving around, my throttle will all the sudden go to wide open and I can't stop my truck...I have changed my entire radio system and it is still doing it..what could be causing this? Please need some help

what is a failsafe?

It's the most valuable piece of electronics you'll ever need. You wire it in, and program it, then when you lose signal, it will go to either neutral or full brake, and you can program the steering servo to turn at the same time.

It's sounds like in your case, either your transmitter batteries are low, receiver batteries are low, or you could be getting radio interference. What kind of transmitter are you running?

EDIT: Here's a failsafe: http://www.ofna.com/failsafe-micro.html

I must not cause I dont know what that is.

Some of the 2.4ghz systems have them built in. With your engine off, turn on the electronics and transmitter. Turn the transmitter back off, and see what the throttle/steering servos do.

It's the most valuable piece of electronics you'll ever need. You wire it in, and program it, then when you lose signal, it will go to either neutral or full brake, and you can program the steering servo to turn at the same time.

It's sounds like in your case, either your transmitter batteries are low, receiver batteries are low, or you could be getting radio interference. What kind of transmitter are you running?

EDIT: Here's a failsafe: http://www.ofna.com/failsafe-micro.html

I am using the jr radio that came with the truck, but I switched everything over to futaba to check and see if that made a difference and it was still the same. when i walk over and pick the car up when it is running the throttle kiccks up and starts turning the tires even in neutral

I am using the jr radio that came with the truck, but I switched everything over to futaba to check and see if that made a difference and it was still the same. when i walk over and pick the car up when it is running the throttle kiccks up and starts turning the tires even in neutral

Throttle servo could be bad, got a second one to try? Receiver batteries charged?

Throttle servo could be bad, got a second one to try? Receiver batteries charged?[/

I have tried another one but it could be a bad one as well cause it came with the truck when I bought it..I installed a lrp.30 spec 2 motor on it..that wouldnt cause anything would it? I tried the servo and replaced the on/off switch

Do you have a throttle return spring? Is your engine sealed? Check for air leaks?

The way you describe the problem in the first post, I'm led to believe that the problem is in the electronics. Put the steering servo in the throttle position, then turn it on, without starting the engine, and see what it does.

Do you have a throttle return spring? Is your engine sealed? Check for air leaks?

The way you describe the problem in the first post, I'm led to believe that the problem is in the electronics. Put the steering servo in the throttle position, then turn it on, without starting the engine, and see what it does.

well actually just installed a new futaba throttle servo and it seems to work like a dream now...havent gotten to run it yet but just reaction to the radio is 100% better...when I hooked the other two servos up when I would give it gas..it would try to tweak the wheels but with the new servo...throttle great and steering great..thanks for all your help