Losi 8ight sluggish

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SA Nitrohead

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Firstly I'm new to the nitro rc's just got myself the losi 8ight and want to get into the whole racing scene. When the buggy is at idle and I accelerate it is very sluggish would that mean the fuel mixture is to rich or to lean? Or could it be something else? Thanks

Bogging down indicates it is set too rich. Did you complete the engine break-in? Onceyour engine is broken in, you'll want to lean it a bit as the factory settings are rich.

Yes I did complete the breakin. It is only sluggish on pull off after that it runs like hell. I will look at it and try get the correct tuning. Thanks

Richen the HSN up a little, then lean the LSN until it takes off good. You will need to lower your idle speed afterwards. Make sure you set the linkage properly with the idle adjustment screw. if you don't it will make tuning difficult. The Mach 427 is a very simple engine to tune. Try to keep it under 240F, they will vapor lock at 250F.

Thanks looks like the prob is solved I never ajusted the LSN now its going perfect