Losi 5ive-T 4WD

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Losi has finally let the cat out of the bag.

5ive-T 4WD gasser!

I love the scale appearance.

LOSB0019-action-new-015SCALED-1.jpg

LOSB0019-action-new-003SCALED1-420x221.jpg

LOSB0019BLKBD-chassis-inset-37SCALED-1.jpg

LOSB0019BLKBD-45SCALED-1.jpg

LOSB0019BLKBD-35SCALED-1.jpg

LOSB0019BLKBD-01SCALED-1.jpg

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/losi-5ive-t-large-scale-4wd-truck/

Last edited:
That is sick!! The scale detail on it is great, and from the looks of it the weight distribution will be much better than the Baja. From their site, it looks they addressed some of the known baja issues with their truck also.

Maybe now HPI will get off their arse and make a 5th scale 4WD instead of repackaging the same old Baja over and over.

RRP ????? i want one ............................ now lol

I'll be thinning the herd in order to make room for this.

I don't want one from the first batch and will be waiting for a couple of months after it's widely available until I pull the trigger.

I am ecstatic to see this being released... I've been saying this for a long time that large scale needs a 4WD machine from one of the big guys such as HPI, Losi, or where ever. Granted we have MCD and FG but sadly parts of these machines are much harder to get in the states and the aftermarket parts around here are next to none existent.

I've believe for a while HPI has really missed the mark with this, re-releasing the HPI Baja 5B three, four, five or more times all with the same chassis with a few changes here and there to give the appearance of a different RC.

I really look forward to seeing the Losi 5ive-T in person and giving it a spin. From what I've seen so far it looks to be a very promising machine. My only "concern" if you want to call it that is that it looks like it'll be heavy on one side with the gas tank and engine both on the same side. Either way I'm pumped and can't wait to see it!!!

How many of you would pay $1500 or so for an HPI 4wd 5th scale?....

I would not be one of those in line.

I love running the Baja's, but I don't see the fun factor going up just because of 4WD. All I see is additional cost and maintenance.

Rob - I'm glad to see you've changed your tone and have joined the dark side. :D :hehe:

It's not an HPI and I never pay retail. ;)

The Losi is essentially a blown up 8ight which means maintenance will be a piece of cake. Clutch may not be the easiest to get to, but the engine isn't part of stiffening the chassis like the Baja so simply pulling it to do a clutch swap will be the ticket.

Built-in cage. Modular body panels that will be sold separately. Losi did their homework with this and I'm impressed so far.

Last edited:
Ahhh crap, more goofy hardware, lol. Looks sweet, Id love to see a video of it in action. Or in person of course.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQc4ghhbMWc&feature"]Losi 1/5-Scale 5IVE-T Off-Road Racing Truck - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-yuPcRTzcE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Losi 5IVE-T - YouTube[/ame]

It's not an HPI and I never pay retail. ;)

The Losi is essentially a blown up 8ight which means maintenance will be a piece of cake. Clutch may not be the easiest to get to, but the engine isn't part of stiffening the chassis like the Baja so simply pulling it to do a clutch swap will be the ticket.

Built-in cage. Modular body panels that will be sold separately. Losi did their homework with this and I'm impressed so far.

Losi also claims that the 5ive-T's engine mount ensures proper gear mesh which is only going to make it that much easier and less of a hassle to simply pull the engine like you've mentioned.

Ahhh crap, more goofy hardware, lol. Looks sweet, Id love to see a video of it in action. Or in person of course.

You can see two videos of the the truck on the front page article: Losi 5ive-T.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7XUFlS5PI&feature"]HorizonHobby.com Preview - Losi 5IVE-T 1/5-scale 4WD Off Road Truck - YouTube[/ame]

I watched the first 10 minutes. Looks great imo. The turn at 27 seconds was so buttery, loved it!

---------- Post added at 1:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:21 PM ----------

Will this drive the prices of used HPI's down?

I believe it will. You will probably see a spike on the forums and feebay on used ones for sale. Gotta be careful as always of the clones.

I'm even considering selling my barely used off-road 5B just to make room for the Losi. Problem is that I have a lot of hop-ups installed and I'm on the fence whether I would sell it as is or remove the hop-ups and put it back to mostly stock so I can sell the hop-ups separately.

I guess I can borrow it from you instead, that will be the same concept...

CEN has a 4wd 1/5 scale SC truck. That's all I know about it. This Losi looks nicer to me. If only $$$ weren't an object :\

Rob,given the way the market goes these days, you'd be better off selling it stock and parting out the hop-ups.

Back