Losi 5ive-T 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a really nice transmitter. I have a Futaba 4PX for my bigscale gas RC cars and a Radiolink RC6GS for my Arrma brushless cars and some other smaller scale stuff. I had the Flysky IT4S in the past, but I like my Radiolink better. This new Flysky NB4 Noble is a new one I guess, I haven't heard about that one before. It looks nicer than the IT4S. I'm sure it is a fine transmitter.

Finally was breaking her in the other day. Had problems with the shocks. Whoever put them together didn't do it right. Had to rebuild those. Throttle servo glitches out.

Got her going but having issues with the transmitter and receiver losing signal around 30 ft.

Other than that, I was happy to get it moving. hahah

As soon as I get the range issue and throttle servo issue fixed I know I will have some fun.

Finally was breaking her in the other day. Had problems with the shocks. Whoever put them together didn't do it right. Had to rebuild those. Throttle servo glitches out.

Got her going but having issues with the transmitter and receiver losing signal around 30 ft.

Other than that, I was happy to get it moving. hahah

As soon as I get the range issue and throttle servo issue fixed I know I will have some fun.

Would the range issue be the aftermarket transmitter/receiver? Could also be the cause of glitch issue. I have two powerful servos in my Muggy and they pull to much juice for the old school battery that powers them. They get really twitchy at times.

My guess is that the receiver is just bad. Maybe the antenna is broken inside or something. I opened up a ticket with Banggood and emailed flysky. Will see what happens with that.

Maybe the tx/rx is making the servo glitchy. Maybe the frequency or something. I do know that the glitchy servo is not causing the range issue because I tested it out with just the battery connected and lost signal when I walked 30ft.

I thought maybe it was because I was using a 2s lipo and these servos are only rated to 6v but from what I read is that people dont really have issues with that setup. I do plan on upgrading those, probably sooner than later

Yep already have the pipe on there already and sounds really good. When breaking it in I just drove around my yard a bit in little circles

Moves in the snow surprisingly well for its size

When I get all this stuff figured out Ill post a few vids

couple pics

IMG_0355.JPG

354.JPG

I got the silenced pipe, but yea its still pretty loud haha

If you live in the city it will piss off the whole neighborhood

I got the silenced pipe, but yea its still pretty loud haha

If you live in the city it will piss off the whole neighborhood

I live in the country where the sounds of chainsaws, weed whackers and mowers is an every day occurrence.

Yea, in the country its no big deal.

I should actually compare this with my chainsaw. I almost think the truck would be louder

When was that truck $1800?! When I was at my LHS in November it was $1100. $1800 is nuts.
Last time I looked at it it was $1,799 might have been $1,499 I don't remember.

The more I think about it I think $1,800 was what my lhs wants for one so I think the old price was $1,499.

Last edited:
Yes in most cases a very powerful brushless setup will be faster than a gas powered motor. No argument there. Or you have to go bigbore like the ALX and RCmax gas powered engines. You can buy those from 40 - 78CC. Those will surpass the brushless engines or at least compete with them. But most people will be comparing brushless engines with the more common standard size gas powered engines like the 29cc - 32cc Zenoah type engines. So yeah...in that case brushless is faster, but is it more fun? Don't get me wrong, I like brushless cars, I have 3 Arrma cars and also 2 Wltoys cars. All of them are electric powered. I like brushless/electric motors in my 1:10 and 1:8 scale cars. But a 1:5 RC car (bigscale) should be gas powered in my opinion. I also see people converting a Losi MTXL to brushless, which is a dead shame also in my opinion. Those big bastards need to smoke, make noise and smell like gasoline mixed with oil. It all adds up to the driving experience. Just my opinion ofcourse, everybody is entitled to their own.

Besides the sound, smoke, smell and all those other good things that make driving a gas powered bigscale car more of a sensation than driving a brushless car, there are more benefits from using a gas powered engine in your bigscale car. I assume you all heard them before, but it doesn't mean it is any less true. Here are the most important "pros" for me:
  • Longer runtime (up to 30-45 minutes on one gas tank)
  • Power from beginning to the end. No lipo power dip.
  • Lipo's are very expensive and you need a lot of good quality ones to power up a bigscale RC car. You need to buy several sets if you want to drive more than ones every time.
  • A gas engine doesn't go bad over time, when you let it sit in your garage for example for one year. Ofcourse there are some things you need to take care of, like adding fuel stabilizer to your gasoline etc but that's it for the most part. A lipo battery will go bad over time. Even when it's not used and stored in room temperature on storage voltage (3.8v per cell) it's performance will go downhill.

Ofcourse I didn't meant to start a discussion here about gas or even nitro powered vehicles vs brushless. I just wanted to share my point of view on this subject. The brushless Losi 5ive in the video above looks like a lot of fun, and it's cool project. But I would never convert a gas powered car like that to brushless. I have my 1:8 and 1:10 rc cars for that.

I get it! I did it cause no one else was doing electric 5th scale at the time and I like a challenge. In the end I sold it for 2k!

Was gonna reply to this thread but I noticed it got moved to this forum. Anyways... Heres a pic and a small clip
IMG_0389 - Copy.JPG

Definitely happy with this. Its really fun, handles surprisingly well. Got a new receiver for the Flysky Noble and its working great as well. Getting receivers for my other cars now.

Back