Losi 22s Drag car upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tstutsman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new to the hobby. I picked up a Losi 22S drag rtr. Just wondering some upgrades I should do to it over the winter. Not really wanting to change motor or esc but open to other things. Durability upgrades, speed upgrades, suspension upgrades, or weight reduction. Thanks!

Hey guys! I am new to the hobby. I picked up a Losi 22S drag rtr. Just wondering some upgrades I should do to it over the winter. Not really wanting to change motor or esc but open to other things. Durability upgrades, speed upgrades, suspension upgrades, or weight reduction. Thanks!
Exotech 22 Vader chassis is the first thing I would do to it. Along with their upgraded wheelie bar.

Exotech 22 Vader chassis is the first thing I would do to it. Along with their upgraded wheelie bar.
That chassis cost about the same amount I paid for the car! Lol maybe a little further down the road.

Losi's are really pretty well setup from the factory. The biggest improvement you are going to see is stepping up to better electronics. The RTR motor's/ESC's/servos really are entry level.

Yeah, if you're not interested in major changes then Id just wait and run it and upgrade what you think needs upgraded.

Hello a good upgrade that will cost $10 or less is pinion and spur gear change the gearing up not sure what’s already on there but 76 or 70 something tooth spur gear would be good match with a 23 or 25 tooth pinion also you can take stuff out like the reciver box if your not running in the rain if you don’t get a lipo thank me later also if it came with shock spacers mess with the stiffness and you could get aluminum hexes for like $10 on Amazon and if you wanted maybe get a RPM transmission case not going to do much but you could maybe paint the chassis or something if you wanted to customize it also sway bars might be a good idea have fun

Hello a good upgrade that will cost $10 or less is pinion and spur gear change the gearing up not sure what’s already on there but 76 or 70 something tooth spur gear would be good match with a 23 or 25 tooth pinion also you can take stuff out like the reciver box if your not running in the rain if you don’t get a lipo thank me later also if it came with shock spacers mess with the stiffness and you could get aluminum hexes for like $10 on Amazon and if you wanted maybe get a RPM transmission case not going to do much but you could maybe paint the chassis or something if you wanted to customize it also sway bars might be a good idea have fun
Ordered the sway bar last night! Thanks for the input. Going to get a GNSS and order some gears to play with. I saw someone on YouTube remove the plastic on the aluminum floor. Any ideas on the best way to do that? Or if it is even necessary

Ordered the sway bar last night! Thanks for the input. Going to get a GNSS and order some gears to play with. I saw someone on YouTube remove the plastic on the aluminum floor. Any ideas on the best way to do that? Or if it is even necessary
No problem also on the removing the plastic from the aluminum floor can you show a picture I’m not sure on what your talking about

Back