Losi 1/14 Mini 8ight

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want one.

GAL00.jpg

1/14 Losi 4wd Mini 8ight RTR

Losi just released the new 1/14 scale Losi 4wd Mini 8ight RTR. This will be another great buggy for our track here at CST Raceway.

Fast, fun and derived from the 8IGHT platform, the 1/14-scale 4WD Mini 8IGHT is great for the aspiring electric buggy racer looking for an affordable electric buggy. Equipped with a 4500Kv brushless system, Losi 2.4GHz radio system, Spektrum™ SR300 receiver, all-metal gear transmission and full ball bearings; the Mini 8IGHT is only slightly smaller than 1/10-scale buggies, but is loaded with performance.

Water-resistant brushless ESC
4500Kv brushless motor
Spektrum SR300 receiver with 2.4GHz DSM technology
7.2V 1100mAh NiMH battery pack with EC2™ connectors
4WD shaft-driven drivetrain
Front and rear metal gear differentials
Mini servo with saver
Aluminum, threaded oil-filled, coil-over shocks
Heavy duty, 2.5mm anodized aluminum chassis
Mini Kingpin™ treaded tires
2.5mm aluminum shock towers
12mm wheel hexes
Aluminum motor mount
Heavy-duty adjustable turnbuckles
Chassis dirt guards
ESC handles 2 or 3S Lipo
2 Colors, Red and Black.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0224

That will be a sweet rig! 1/14th scale buggy would be fun.

I am going to sell my two 18T's and pick one of these up.

Since I'm not much of a losi guy, only really had their crawlers, hows the durability on most of their stuff? I remember Dom having trouble with just hitting speed bumps with the losi highroller bending crap. Would these be better than that? (would hope so)

The Mini-T I had was pretty durable.

All the 1/8 Losi stuff is stout, built like tanks. They had some misses with the High Roller, Strike and both Mini LST's. This one looks a lot more stout than any of them.

It looks like they simply downsized the 8th scale which is great since it has an aluminum chassis. I expect it to be able to take a beating.

You used the word "stout" twice and now I want a Guinness.

You used the word "stout" twice and now I want a Guinness.

Wrong thread Rob. :)

The Mini-T durability depends largely on how fast it's going. I don't believe it to be very durable compared to the AE 18 series. I've found my JRXSR's to be pretty tough. Broke a pair of caster blocks this weekend but that's the only major suspension part I've broken yet at stock TC speeds.

I miss racing my TC's. It's been 2 years now.:\

---------- Post added at 1:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 PM ----------

Some vids.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaraibVORA&feature"]HorizonHobby.com Preview - Losi 1/14-scale Mini-8IGHT - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRmK9xAfdbs&feature"]Losi Mini 8ight - YouTube[/ame]

I keep trying to think of what rigs I want to get, one for me and one for my dad (Christmas) so we can setup our track again and do some racing. Was thinking 1/10 shortcourse again BUT these might just be what the doctor ordered.

MAP price is $249.99 so I'm thinking the real price will be closer to $200. Probably around $225.

Back