Loosing control intermittently

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_noob

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help. I have a 1/16th buggy that looses control intermittently(throttle and steering). The controller has power, the car is not out of range and it has a working cut-off. It seems to happen mostly after it starts although not always. It is a HSP Meteor which I know would seem like a worthless toy to many but it is my son's first nitro and we have had a lot of fun with it so would be nice to get it sorted.

I had that problem with one of my sons trucks. After checking the reciever wire, trying another radio, and another ESC, it turned out to be a servo. Something waa rattling in it. Changed it out, worked fine.

Thanks, I didn't think it was a loss of signal from the controller as the failsafe didn't kick in. I'll replace the servos one at a time to see if this is the cause.

Have you checked connections and batteries in both the car and transmitter?

Thanks for the suggestions. This was a real mystery as it seemed to happen almost always just after the engine started. This made me think it must have been related to vibration. It turns out it was bad solder joint on the car's power switch.

Back