Looking to pair a BL motor with a Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

Looking for a decent BL motor to pair with a Novak GTB speedo. I am not looking to go insaine... afterall you need to be able to put the HP to the ground. I was looking at the Novak SS motors in 8.5, 10.5. or 13.5 but am a bit confused as to what they compare to. Novak is a bit weird at identifiying their motors. I know 10.5 does not mean 10.5 turns. Any suggestions guys? What are you guys that are running BL running? Thanks

Tom

i'll be installing the velineon 3500 in my slash, but its mated to mamba max ESC. i have not personally run this setup yep but i have seen others and does a nice job. not to crazy, but enough when you want it.

Well that is the result I am looking for... faster.. but not so fast it is out of control. I am not going to be racing in any sanctioned races... just in the backyard so I don't have to worry about being "Stock" for the rules.

I run a Feigao 4900KV motor on 2S lipo in my Slash for bashing. The Novak 8.5 would be its closest equivalent (5000KV). A little faster than stock but very controllable.

I run a Feigao 4900KV motor on 2S lipo in my Slash for bashing. The Novak 8.5 would be its closest equivalent (5000KV). A little faster than stock but very controllable.

Thank you SweetD, I will take a look at those motors. I just didn't want to slap some 4.5T motor in it and just spin my wheels. I just want something a bit faster. Thanks for the info!

Tom

Hey SweetD ... where do you get your Feigao motors from? Thanks man.

Last edited:
Can I run this with the GTB?

Hey Dom and Tom

How are you mounting the ESC? can you guys snap a pic for me? I'm guessing the RPM ESC plate??

I haven't mounted mine yet... but I am probably going to mount the ESC in one of the side trays. I will have to look at the RPM mount to see what it looks like.

Hey SweetD.... how is a Feigao motor compare to a Novak? Is it better worse... the same? I have never heard of Feigao before. I notice it is cheaper than the Novak motor. I am just curious. Thanks my friend.

Tom

I haven't mounted mine yet... but I am probably going to mount the ESC in one of the side trays. I will have to look at the RPM mount to see what it looks like.

Hey SweetD.... how is a Feigao motor compare to a Novak? Is it better worse... the same? I have never heard of Feigao before. I notice it is cheaper than the Novak motor. I am just curious. Thanks my friend.

Tom

Feigao makes good budget sensorless motors. They are not compatible with your sensored GTB ESC. I referenced the 6L to the 8.5 so you would have an idea of what I am running.

Hey Dom and Tom

How are you mounting the ESC? can you guys snap a pic for me? I'm guessing the RPM ESC plate??

I use FastEddy's 3M Industrial strength double sided tape on the chassis right next to the stock position. Clean it up really well with alcohol before applying the tape.

Feigao makes good budget sensorless motors. They are not compatible with your sensored GTB ESC. I referenced the 6L to the 8.5 so you would have an idea of what I am running.

Oh... ok. I understand now. Sorry to ask a dumb question. I am always looking at trying new things, and if this was a motor that you run... it is probably worth looking at too. Stinks it won't run with my ESC. What ESC are you running? Thanks Sweet D!

Tom

I run the Castle Mamba Max ESC.

Thank you SweetD!

Same here, running mamba maxx, but with velenion motor.

i have a feagio in the crt and it suprised me...alot of ppl on youtube and such and on rc monster run em so they have to be the best bang for ya buck

Well... I would love to try that motor, but I got the wife to approve buying a new BL motor... Since she knows I already have an ESC.... I am kinda stuck. And you guys are probably wondering why I told her I had an ESC already.... because that is how I convinced her to let me spend the money in the first place. I told her 80 is cheaper than 245! LOL