Looking to get a job fixing RCs!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbnjzb

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any tips on finding a job fixing RCs in New Jersey? I'm currently looking for a job and would love to work with my passion! Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

Heres my .02, in my opinion I wouldnt do such a thing. For one, we all get pissed off when we break things and have to fix them. Even more frustrating when you can't figure out whats wrong with the rig, so to do that as a job and get pissed off at other peoples mistakes n breaks wouldnt be fun. I would think that it would draw the interest in your own hobby away.

Bright side to it, you would expand your know-how on RCs GREATLY.

I started by hanging out at my LHS, they have an area where they let you work on your car if you want. The guy saw that I knew what I was doing and that I was willing to help people with their rigs, he started letting me work on trucks for the shop and we would split the $, now I get the labor fee and he sells the parts. I'm loving it, the most I've made was just under $200 for a Fri/Sat but I average $30-$50 per truck.

---------- Post added at 7:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:24 PM ----------

Killer is right though, there have been a few trucks that I wanted to trash and they just kept frustrating me. Most of the time it's the guys who wanted a (insert truck's name), got it, ran it hard but never got the tuning down so they put it up for a few years covered in dirt and dust, now they decided they want to give it another try and want you to get it running. Some customers can be as frustrating as their truck though, the guys who don't know throttle control and can't figure out why their truck breaks all the time but they won't listen to your suggestions on upgrades.

Thanks to both of you for your feedback! I really like to see both sides. I do see where it may get annoying and take away the pleasure of the hobby. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons. Thanks guys!

Back