Looking to buy a new off roader

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithy007

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
What is the best electric ec car to buy at th moment? I’m looking at the arma rang but can anyone please give me any advice on which is the best to buy! I hav always been into Tamiya 1/10 on road an recently got a second hand dhk either zombie or max but don’t know which! I’m not able to get along with it as it has been heavily modes and don’t know what is ariginal parts or not and keeps blowing my batteries any help would be greatly appreciate

What is the best electric ec car to buy at th moment? I’m looking at the arma rang but can anyone please give me any advice on which is the best to buy! I hav always been into Tamiya 1/10 on road an recently got a second hand dhk either zombie or max but don’t know which! I’m not able to get along with it as it has been heavily modes and don’t know what is ariginal parts or not and keeps blowing my batteries any help would be greatly appreciate
What is your budget, and where are you going to be using it? The best 1/5 basher is the Traxxas X-Maxx currently. If you can stretch your budget, a Tekno MT410 would be perfect.

Last edited:
Need to narrow down a little more what type and scale of rig your looking for and what terrain you're mostly going to be running it on.

Like others brought up, a little more information on what you're looking for would be helpful. In the RC offroad category, there are many different types of trucks:
- Crawlers & Scalers
- Short Course Trucks & Trophy Trucks
- Monster Trucks
- Buggies
- Stadium Trucks
- (many more smaller categories that are less popular)
If you'd like, do a little more research on each of the categories and tell us if anything type interests you, and we can give you some recommendations based on that. Well-known brands include Traxxas, Arrma, Axial, Losi, Kyosho, Redcat, Team Associated (Element RC).

For all out bashing in 1/10 scale, I have to say the Granite V3 3S BLX is an absolute blast to drive. It is hard to get it to flip onto its top, which is great for my disability. I don't have to constantly walk far to upright it.

The Kraton is fun to drive as well, and is also very adept at staying rubber side down, unless you land that way from a jump.

That is the only two Arrma's we have at the moment, so can't really give you any other comparisons other than out of all the rigs we have, they put some of the biggest smiles on my face.

I have an Arrma Typhon 3s which is amazing for what it is, it does land on it’s top a lot but thats mainly from bad landings and traction roll. It loves to go on two wheels and does tons of wheelies. The motor mount is pretty strong unless you like to launch the car 30 feet in the air. I once launched my Typhon 20 feet into the air, it landed weirdly and only popped off the shock eyelet, I put it back in and it was good to go!

I'd definitely suggest Arrma they are great rigs and the 2 year warranty is unbeatable. As mentioned above kinda need to try and narrow it down to size, driving style and budget. For the 1/10 scale Arrmas if you don't want to do a lot of big jumping I'd suggest the Typhon buggy or the Senton SCT. For jumping the Granite is a flip machine and wheelie beast being SWB, and the Bigrock is more stable not as much wheelies and less flips as it's a LWB chassis. For 1/8 6s again same for more speed bashing and less jumping look at the Typhon or the Mojave SCT. Crazy flips, wheelies and stunts look at the Notorious or Outcast, more stable handling but great for jumping look at the Kraton 6s or Talion 6s. Here's some videos of my rigs I have a lot of what I listed above so this will give you some kind of idea on how they handle👍🏼
Granite 3s blx
Bigrock 3s blx, but 4s system so stock won't be nearly as flipable and peppy
Typhon 6s
Kraton 6s
Notorious 6s

Back