Looking to buy a cheap RTR boat, any suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I was wondering if there are any rtr boats out there for around $40. I know it sounds cheap, but i wont drive it that much. LMK. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

walmart has 9 volt ones for 17.. lol other than that i dont know

lol, I already have one like that but it runs on AA's. I dont like that. I do have rechargables that should be coming soon tho. LOL.

What kind of boat do you think you are going to get for $40? A Nikko or Tyco is about it. I think even Radio Hacks are more than $40.

So whats the matter, you had not found a way to spam the marine forum yet? Are you really going to buy a boat or is this just another tire kicking, wanna buy, spam thread?

well for 40 bucks your not gonna get anything better than somthing that runs on AA's

NCNitro said:
What kind of boat do you think you are going to get for $40? A Nikko or Tyco is about it. I think even Radio Hacks are more than $40.

So whats the matter, you had not found a way to spam the marine forum yet? Are you really going to buy a boat or is this just another tire kicking, wanna buy, spam thread?

no, I am over spamming. Lets please not start an argument.

I just thought it would be fun to drive a boat every once in a while besides land vehicles, and only have $40 to spend.

For $40.00, you can get a pack of cigarettes, an Ice cream on a stick, and a new pair of socks.
Smoke the butts, eat the ice cream, and put one sock on.
Take the stick from the ice cream, tape it to the cigarette pack and put the other sock on the top of the stick.
Sit next to a curb after a good rainfall, and float your new sail boat right into the storm drain.
I hope that saves you a few bucks.

lol, but seriously. If this is all that I am going to get is this crap...

MODS: Please delete this thread. Thanks

-Pat (redhatman)

:boating: Then he can use an old tampon box or something.

Last edited:
For free (Look in the bathroom cabinet) you can take the tampon box idea and use the little insertion tubes and make some outriggers (Struts) and connect the tampons on the ends horizontal with the box for pontoons.

If you want to keep them from swelling up use some of your dads condoms to cover everything. I know for a fact that he has at least one thats 14-15 years old that he forgot to use.

I know you will make a post so Ill share the answer now. Use rubber bands to hold the tampons to the tubes.Get them just a little wet. They will and swell up and the bands will hold them on just fine.

Let us know if you need any more tips on boats.

FastEddy said:
If you want to keep them from swelling up use some of your dads condoms to cover everything. I know for a fact that he has at least one thats 14-15 years old that he forgot to use.

That might be the funniest thing that I have ever read.

Something tells me that this thread will not be deleted.

lol, its all good. Everyone needs a good joke now and then.

Load the tampoon gun..I mean harpoon

Redhatman, you have brought these responses on yourself. You as well as a few other members, and you know who are you are have refused, ignored, or are just not smart enough to take the advice that many here have given you. We have all been more than tolerable of the recent spamathons by yourself and about 4 others. But repeated pms to staff from other members that are growing quite tired of one non-sensicle question one after another, as well as giving incorrect info. Neither you or those few others have even bothered to try using the search function. This site has three years worth of valuable information and all you have to do is look for it. But you guys want everything spoon fed to you, you don't want to do any of the legwork. Now you guys are showing attitude if anyone recommends the search feature or gives you an equally stupid response to your redundant questions. Sorry to piss in your cornflakes but it seems nothing else has sunk in. Before you ask a question, try the search, or if you post an answer to someone elses thread, make sure the info you give them is correct. There is no need to post in every thread and in every forum. You have almost 800 posts in two months, thats rediculous!

So, redhatman, me, ____, and _____ are the 4, who's the other two?

Back