Looking for someone to paint a lid for me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetteklr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Where would I need to look? Or who would I need to get in touch with? My stock lid is getting pretty beat up.

Are they just members? Do I just send them a PM or do they have a site?

Sorry, I'm not looking to do any for hire works right now. If NC can't take the job there are a number if guys over in rctech that might.

Guy on rccrawler.com named rockthrasher is one of the best I've seen and is always taking orders.

What is the going rate?

Can be anywhere from $40 to $150, depending on who does the work, and what you want done.

I just want something basic, maybe a 2 tone type. I may attempt, but I don't wanna mess one up. I've been watching videos and what not. Seems like it's not very difficult. Not looking for anything flashy.

If you don't want any designs, and just a two-tone, you can tape off one area, paint, peel, and paint. Just wash it out really good with dish soap. Make sure the edges of the tape are pressed down real good so the paint doesn't bleed. Paint evenly, go with two or three coats for durability.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

You can do it yourself for about $10 with spray cans.

You tube a how to on rc painting. A basic 2 tone can be done rather easily and cheap with a couple rattle cans. Even if you mess it up the experience you pick up is useful for future attempts. Probably still be cheaper if you did it yourself with a screw up. 2 lids$ = $40-$50 and 2 cans of paint $15ish = $55-$65 done yourself. Paint for hire you have 1 lid at say $25 + shipping 2x + the painting fee. Your looking at more than if you do it yourself and you have the possibility of getting 2 half way decent lids out of it. Just my .02

i would give it a shot if i were u. I would however reccomend LIGHT coats. Sems real easy to run. The paints the easy part, its the terrible trimming i dont like. Still fun though and the satisfaction of having a lid that u did yourself.