Looking for some opinions…

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theekorr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
My trx defender is going more scale and trail and I am fitting this hard body. I got the traxxas roll cage kit to fit to it and I can make it work but now that I have it dry fit I'm not sure. What are yalls thoughts? Should I leave it off? I dont plan to roll this truck much but we all know stuff happens. Does it look weird in either configuration? Just cannot decide which way to go. Pics
ECC73A6B-5D10-465D-BD25-0F492049D235.jpeg
66AF5FF5-B2D5-4E19-8ACB-59B0635FA988.jpeg
E4A7CFBC-FF55-4C9A-85AE-ADCD72B63D37.jpeg

I will be putting a lightbar above the windshield

Definitely go with a roll cage! That’s a great looking truck. I can’t remember all the times I’ve rolled my truck unexpectedly. Protect your hard work.
I agree. Put a brand new esc in, and my turck jumped off the table landing upside down.

I think the truck looks a little wierd without it, but thats also a look in another country. Like your color choices and the light lense.

Awesome rig. Honestly if it was mine I would have somebody 3d print me a half cage and have from the rear seats back open.
As far as not planning to roll it is an understatement. You know as well as anybody else in here, you are going to spot a cool looking rock face and go for it. :D I love your rig, keep at it.

Great looking rig. Makes me want to reinstall my defender body....... almost. Wife loves her raptor body too much for that to happen. Go with the cage. More places to add details and added protection. I've rolled the raptor unexpectedly and sometimes wish I had a cage on it to protect the paint a little more. The raptor is a hard body as well.
20211230_185900.jpg

Looks great!

I concur with the consensus: roll cage.

I think beige for the seats and dashboard would look great with that color and design scheme.

Looks great!

I concur with the consensus: roll cage.

I think beige for the seats and dashboard would look great with that color and design scheme.
Yea the interior needs some paint but it intimates me. I'm not a great painter

The bumper does look better in tighter like that. I have been meaning to dirty up my windshields too. :thumbs-up:

I think I have stretched myself thin over too many projects at once.

Last edited:
Back