Looking for a new steering servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JerryFan

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anybody have any suggestions? I've been thinking about the Hitec HS-985MG Coreless Ultra Torque HD MG Servo. Any thoughts on that servo?

Last edited:

rckid91

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I run a jr.650 in mine i would NOT suggest my servo i mean it runs great but for the price you can get way better.... I was looking at the 985's myself ill be watching this to see what peoples thoughts are

revomaxx24

RCNT Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have not used eather of them but i do use a blue bird BMS-630 mg its got 190oz of torque and it cost me $35 or so without shipping. i have had it for 1year or so and all i do is bash i also run maximizer bead locks with swamp dawgs on them and havenot had any problems.

ragedmx

RCNT Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
steel servo

i have one servo configuration , a airtronics 85 dlls.

radrevo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i use the Airtronics 94359Z tons of torq.

Captain Chaos

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Now that I have run the JR Z9100T there is no going back.This servo is great but it cost me $100.00 and now I see them for $135.00.The servos and the DX3 and DX3R were by far the best money ever spent on the Revo.I run the same servos in 4 Revos and my Truggy.Strong,fast,3 year warranty,never a problem so far (knocking on wood heavily now) !

GH Racing

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
the Hitec HS-7955 TG is a good servo, though it maybe a bit pricey its really good

Amoeba

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Now that I have run the JR Z9100T there is no going back.This servo is great but it cost me $100.00 and now I see them for $135.00.The servos and the DX3 and DX3R were by far the best money ever spent on the Revo.I run the same servos in 4 Revos and my Truggy.Strong,fast,3 year warranty,never a problem so far (knocking on wood heavily now) !

+1. I love my Z9100T & Z9100S servos. They are not cheap but they are worth it.

olds97_lss

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The 985MG is a really good servo for $70. I ran one in my revo and it would slap the tires back and forth with some serious authority.

I run one now in both my savage and my aftershock for throttle/brake duties. They are sealed with o-rings, including the output shaft, which makes them perfect for t/b when you run in wet conditions.

I'd run one on my savage for steering as well but I had gotten a nice JR digital for a song and used it instead. I'd run the 985's for steering in my AS, but I'd need two and the stock 590's do ok.

If/when I do need servos though, the 985 is what I will buy. Quick, strong (.13 sec, 172oz @ 6V) and sealed. For $70, can't beat it.

Just make sure whatever you get for the revo, get the HD servo saver spring:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGE0&P=7

Last edited: