looking for a female futaba to male futaba and male jst splitter cable

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
hello! i got a receiver that supports voltage telemetry however its more for electric rc cars but i can get it working if i do the following. the receiver needs to be connected in two places to be able to tell voltage telemetry.

i am a bit confused with the terms so bear with me, with my research correct me if I'm wrong but the normal connector that plugs into our recievers is called a futuba male correct? like the same connector that comes on servos. and then theres sometimes a 2 pin red plug for batterys, i believe its called a male jst when its on the battery end and its called a female jst when its on the switch side, correct?

so i need a cable that will split from a female futaba connector to a male futaba and a male JST. Because my male futaba battery connector will plug into the female futaba end. and then the other 2 male ends will plug into the receiever

this is because my receiver needs a male jst to measure the voltage in a certain place on the receiver and it needs a male futaba to connect the receiver to battery power.
(and no it cannot do voltage telemetry thru only 1 wire, it needs both of these connected)

any idea if i can find a wire/cable like this? or would i have to make it myself with soldering?

thanks!

after extensive looking. I think you will have to make the needed plug yourself if your not comfortable with soldering then maybe have someone make the connector for you...

Last edited:
you're correct on the names of the plugs. That kind of stuff i usually just make myself so if you can buy it I'm not really sure where. Hobbyking.com used to have a lot of different connectors and adapter but it seems like that site changed and went through some downsizing since I last used it 5 or 6 years ago. You dont solder futaba or JST style connectors though you theyre supposed to be crimped on and it takes a certain type of crimp tool to do the job. Now that I think of it though if you had the two end from something else that already had some wire you could just solder the wires together.

Ill just drop this here for refernce of different plugs and their names.
Battery Connectors.jpg

I just realized that they are calling a futaba connector a hitec connector. I've never heard anyone call them Hitec connectors (maybe they were at one time) so you may want to continue calling them futaba connectors. lol

Back