Looking at a savage with lots of upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I found a guy in a near-by city that has a savage with lots of upgrades, he wants $225.00 for it minus the motor. he lost it somewhere. It has Integy upgrades out the snoz !! I want a extra truck for when mine is down but this ones all aluminum. I was just wondering how much heavier it may be? if at all. and do some people prefer aluminum over plastic? thanks !!! :\

NO! avoid that truck. Rule #1 in this hobby is to stay away from Integy parts or RCs with Integy parts on them! They are all show and no go and bend like room temp butter.

eh, i had a traxxas that had all integy aluminum and i never had any problems. i even split a decorative block in half with it and no damage to the aluminum. truck sure loved to eat the stock axle carriers though lol

If the truck is in decent condition and you can talk the guy down to 200 or less, I would say go for it. When stuff starts breaking, replace it with RPM or the stock plastic.

Do you happen to have a link to where you found the truck for sale?

Mud, that truck isn't worth a cent if every part is made by Integy.

WEll. he is including all the stock parts in case i want to put it back stock. i think $225.00 is very fair, gonna buy it i think!!

Hi all, I bought the giant "PAPERWEIGHT" of a savage, got him down to $175.00, and i got all the stock stuff, This things purple as HELL! LOL He's spent some bucks on all this INTEGY stuff, it's all integy, thing weighs a ton with all this crap on it. I'll need a small block chevy to get it to move !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I think i'll put it back stock and have a giant " INTEGY" sale LOL

I have been told that integy stuff is not very good

I am sure everyone will say take it off and sell it if you are going to drive it hard

if you are going to display it or just cruise it around people say thats ok

Well, it's so darn heavy with all this aluminum that here in Arkansas, if theres a tornado, i'm sure it will still be in the same spot it's in now. LOL LOOKS NICE!! LOL

Integy savage weigh in !!

Hey all, thought i'd share something with you guys, today i weighed my Integy savage x, against my savage xl, the weight difference was only 1/2 pound. I would have thought the Integy parts, and its loaded with them, would have really put on the extra pounds, I will let you know how this thing handles and drives. but i figured there would be a huge difference. peace!!!

One other thing, since I had the new f4.6 pull-start, thats what i put in the integy savage, looks really nice, checked the electronics yesterday, put in new batteries, everything works great, i think i'll use this truck as a spare when my xl is down, so for the investment i think it's a cool truck, plus i have all of the stock parts. peace out !!!!

I will try to post some shortly, thanks.

Back