Longer run battery for Losi Aftershock Limited

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regnilppek

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for safe upgrade to longer running battery for Aftershock.

Getting about 2 hours with the standard battery which isn't bad, but would like a bit more.

Don't care about speed, weight, racing etc. Just want the longer run time.

In fact, I want it to be a tad slower for jumps, flips etc. anyway.

you just have to find one with more mah then you have now. please let us know what you have now and we may be able to help.

its a nitro rig right? a different rx battery will not speed up, or slow it down.

Thanks for the help

it is a Nitro Losi Aftershock
it is a 5-Cell 6V 1100mah battery.

I am not expecting any more speed. Just want longer run time.

I burned up my throttle servo on the first run. Got wet. Crashed into snow bank on side of the road at about 40mph.

Maybe I should stay with my day job. I got some serious problems. Serious.

Now I am looking at a skid plate and a roll bar. Not going to totally stop water damage, but will help.

1100 mah is on the low side for an rx pack. you shouldnt have any problem finding one with more mah.

a throttle return spring may have saved you when the servo went out.

Thanks again for all the input

Wife says no more.

That means I just have to cool it for a month or so. No problem. Just need to remind her that she spends $150/month getting her hair and nails done.

Battery can wait. Got a new problem.

Starter spool is fragged. Teeth wore out. Cheap plastic.

Can't find just the spool. Losi wants the whole starter assembly. All I need is the spool inside which has it's teeth worn.

Still getting the skid plate though.

Replaced the Losi steering servo with a Traxas servo and it works great!!!!

Starter spool? You sure it's not your OWB inside the engine that's slipping? Never had the spool actually wear out before, and I've had quite a few engines!

Pull the engine apart and take out the OWB. Soak it in DA and spin it on a DA soaked paper towel (run the towel through it tightly twisted). This gets the bearings spinning and the DA softens the oil/goo that builds up in the race. Sometimes eeks out a bit more life.

Back