LLC and Bully questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I've been looking at various crawler options out there and I really like the Losi comp crawler but it appear that the kit has been discontinued. The parts are still available however. So I guess my question is If I found a good deal on one is it still worth buying or should I go for something newer?

As for the Bully, how big is the battery tray? Is it small like the XR10 or can it hold a full size 2S 5000mah pack like the LNC, or is it something in between? I like the idea of having a comp level crawler even if I dont ever comp with it but I dont want to carry ten 1300mah packs around with me either when I go out hiking. not to mention I already have three 2S 5000mah packs

I know nothing about the bully kit/rtr other than the parts other than the axles are pretty lame and its very heavy. You would prolly be better off getting a lcc. Unless you just went with bully axles and built a rig, then you would be better with the bully. Bullies are the strongest axles available hands down. I've broken very very little on bullies usually on 4s, I've broke lots on the xr10 and some on the bergs. Bully's take a beating.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm I'm so confused on what way to go. Seems like the three most recommended crawlers are the Bergs, Bullys, and LCCs but the Bergs and the LCCs are discontinued. The XR-10 is supposedly good if you dump some money into after market parts but it has a tiny battery tray....basically enough to run a course a few times and then switch lipos. The Nightcrawler seems ok for every day use but has no dig unless you mod it with an LCC tranny and even then its not very comp worthy. Is there no good comp kits out there that arent discontinued that have decent sized battery trays?

The whole idea behind a small battery is to keep the weight and center of gravity down, I run 1000 mah 3 cell lipo batteries on my front axle of my XR10 & can get 2-3 10 gate courses out them. With the batteries you are trying to run you would effect a comp crawler in a very negitive way and would not have very good wheels speed.

Sent from my Samsung Admire

Yep, big batteries suck. A small 800-1000 mah 3s pack can get you 30 min of crawling. Just pick up several of them, since you can get them for like $8 each, it makes it real easy to have several ready to go.

can't argue with that logic I suppose. Still seems strange that LCCs and Bergs were discontinued when they still seem to be 2 of the best crawlers out there. I guess the real decision is am I ever gonna gonna comp. Well thanks for your thoughts on the matter. I'm sure I'll figure something out eventually :)

Well the bergs are just the axles, nothing else was worth a crap but the axles are bad ass and so many vendors make custom parts for them. Their like bullies as far as the "kit" being dumb so the axles are all you want.

if i run a goat 3s 18.5 in a LCC can i run 1300mah 20c batteries or does the c rating have to be higher

You would prolly have trouble running that low of a c rating on a lcc with all the strain of the worms. Id say 40c. I remember a buddy who I comped with ran 4s 40c's and still had crappy run times, a pack a course was all he would chance or they might be dead half way into the 2nd course.

Back