Lipo Voltage Low Wont Charge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlouis12

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello, I am hoping I did not make a big major mistake. I have an Orion 4800 platinum edition lipo battery. I am currently using an triton 2 charger (3156).

1. My battery wont charge cause it says error battery voltage to low.
2. I believe its a 2 cell battery and the voltage on cell one is 3.40, and it say 0.00 voltage on cell #2.
3. What do I do to get my lipo battery to charge again?

Please help

I think the one cell is bad or dead. Did you ever balance the batteries when charging, you could monitor each cell and see if one starts to fail. Or there is a loose connection in the battery going to that cell.

I had this happen to a pack that I left plugged in to one of my rigs. My Checkpoint charger would not charge it due to low voltage.

I put it on my old SuperBrain 969 which has lipo capability, but doesn't seem to have the ability to check or care about low voltage. I left it on for about 5 minutes to get some juice in the pack and then took it off and put it on my Checkpoint. The Checkpoint then charged it without any problem. I balanced it and have been using the pack ever since without issue.

I am not saying it will work for your pack. I am just stating my experience and if you are able to try it, be sure to do so in a lipo sack if you have one.

Yeah you can revive them trickle charging them a bit to get some voltage back in...and then trying to charge it again. Just watch out for any pack puffing and such.

I've seen guys save packs this way...and others have to throw them away after too low of a voltage. So it's a 50/50 chance ;-)

I will try it

I will try this and see if it works. Thank guys. also what is a lipo sack. Can you please send me some parts number and so links on lipo sacks.