LiPo storage box options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bat safe, it is a great product but it makes charging your batteries cumbersome. I gave it to a buddy of mine. I'm just to lazy to use it.
I currently use ammo cans. I have read if you use ammo cans you should remove the rubber seal or it can act as a bomb. (Heat, pressure, etc.) Don't know how true that is, but it sounds logical.
This is why I drilled holes on the top of my ammo cans so I can shut the cans and not have to worry about making a bomb :)

transport mine in this.

Attachments

• lipo charge box.JPG
    lipo charge box.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 42
  • lipo box.jpg
    lipo box.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 39
I have a metal money box, the one in the photo. Would that be suitable for storing a lipo battery?

Attachments

• 4CBB2409-1283-413A-9EB0-EF7B5A4864CA.jpeg
    4CBB2409-1283-413A-9EB0-EF7B5A4864CA.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 30
Just remember, even if the metal box is not flammable it will get hot if a battery goes off. Make sure the surface you set the metal box on isn't something extreme heat will damage.
Yeah, LiPo's burn at unbelievable temps. But a fire safe like that is full of fireproof insulation to keep the internal stuff cool in a fire, do it should work in reverse I would think.

Back