Lipo charger review?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makka196

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, I have found a core uac 50 lipo charger with two brand new turnigy 4000mah 2a lipos, is this deal any good it's up for £60 thanks

Well from what I've seen the charger has the standard "beginner's grade" specs on it so it will most likely be fine to start off with especially if you're only charging 2-4S lipos. The charger its self sells for 50 GBP. Whether thats a good deal or not I can't say. That would be $75USD and a charger with those specs here in the states can be had for around $40-$45 USD. if 50GBP is a good price on a low end lipo charger then Id say its probably a good deal assuming nothing is wrong with any of the items. I'm really leary personally of buying used lipos and chargers I bought a couple of used chargers up until I bought on that was going bad and puffed several of my lipos slowly over a period of months. I couldnt figure out why they were puffing until I turned it on one day and sparks blew out the top of it where the fan was. Same with lipos. I've gotten so really good deal on lipos and then I've bought lipos that had internal resistances of 40+ milliohms when it was claimed they had only been used a handful of times....after all of that I came to the conclusion its just to hard to tell what you're getting when you buy those types of items used.

Ok thanks, seems like you can get a good charger for cheap in the US?! The cheaper is also new so I think will be in the feedback is 100% from like 4 years. Should be ok I hope haha,

ha thats crazy i think ill get some new ones s what type of brand lipos do you recommend?

Turnigy or Zippy are good quality and fairly inexpensive.

Turnigy and zippy are decent enough for the price i've had 2 of each and the next set will be one of them again. Theres a uk store now, so the postage won't take as long.
But remember the warranty is rubbish.
I just sold my basic charger on fleEbay couple month back, same specs as the one your looking at, Team orion IQ605.
Check ebay there some decent start off chargers there.

Personally I wouldn't buy anyone else's lipo's because you don't know the history. and there cheap enough for some nanotechs or something.

Yeh jump on hobbyking.. Everything is cheap. I think I'm up to 30 orders with hobbyking and most are above the 100$ mark :p

just to let you know the charger bu itself, new with warranty is £46 ish.
Click
You might pick one up from the forums for about £20

Last edited:
Back