LiPo Battery + Charger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am looking for a good LiPo pack and charger for my new Sidewinder 5700kw motor. It says to use a 2S LiPo or a 7 cell NiMH, but a 7 cell won't fit my ZX-5. A LiPo will fit, but I have to mod the battery place. I've heard some suggestions for a pack from maxamps.com (I think that's the site). Anymore suggestions?

I found this nice 3C LiPo pack, but it exceeds the limit. Does anyone know if there is something that can even it out?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/20037

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for the link :D. What's a nice, cheap charger for it?

Edit: I like this one because it charges NiCD, NiMH, and LiPo packs, but it says for the LiPo packs that it needs Align Balancing Taps, and I'm not sure that the one above has it on not.
http://www.maxamps.com/Skyway-A2078-Charger.htm

Edit: Nevermind, I found it'll work.

Last edited:
You dont need a charger for lipo's Stick the red wire into the right outlet hole and the black wire in the left.

Dont forget your safety goggles! :p

Haha are you crazy?! The LiPo will charge in 2 seconds then explode a half second later.

Haha okay. I just got my BL motor today, I just need to solder the Tamiya plug on (Will upgrade later) and get a LiPo pack, and get a new front shock tower.

Haha okay. I just got my BL motor today, I just need to solder the Tamiya plug on (Will upgrade later) and get a LiPo pack, and get a new front shock tower.

Trust me amigo, don't solder that tamiya on. You'll end up with a white clump (and a shorted pack/esc) faster than you can imagine. The initial startup draw can pull over 100A (according to Castles' web site), which exceeds the Tamiya plug by more than a bunch.