Lipo Bat Damage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stbob

WWJD
Reaction score
Got some insulation damage on this lipo. After watching some videos on "lipo batteries gone wild", my gut instinct tells me disposing of it would be the safest bet. My wallet tells me throw some electrical tape on it and stop being a worry wart. Leaning towards disposing of it. Thinking of chucking it into the local river for scientific purposes... 🧨
samage01.jpg

samage02.jpg

samage03.jpg

samage04.jpg

not worth taking any chances or is it..maybe time for a 25 amp charge..lol j/k dont.. discharge recycle.

I don't really see anything wrong with it... gorilla tape it and use it.

I cut my traxxas 3s packs open so I could put a balance plug on them, then covered the contacts with high temp tape and gorilla taped it back up. Worked fine.
2020-0804-HS6200-HRB5000-CNHL5000-high.jpg

As well as a few others I tore apart, disassembled and taped up to use. Various matching 3S packs taken apart to make 4S or 6S packs.
2020-1127-Hobbystar6200mah-4S-BuiltFrom3S.jpg

2020-1127-Hobbystar6200mah-4S-ohms.jpg

I don't really see anything wrong with it... gorilla tape it and use it.

I cut my traxxas 3s packs open so I could put a balance plug on them, then covered the contacts with high temp tape and gorilla taped it back up. Worked fine.
2020-0804-HS6200-HRB5000-CNHL5000-high.jpg

As well as a few others I tore apart, disassembled and taped up to use. Various matching 3S packs taken apart to make 4S or 6S packs.
2020-1127-Hobbystar6200mah-4S-BuiltFrom3S.jpg

2020-1127-Hobbystar6200mah-4S-ohms.jpg
Thos GT500s are from Revoletrix are they not? I almost bought one of those 10-12 years ago but I ended up buying a PL6 instead. How do you like them and how long have you been running those?

Thos GT500s are from Revoletrix are they not? I almost bought one of those 10-12 years ago but I ended up buying a PL6 instead. How do you like them and how long have you been running those?
Yep, revolectrix. Got them a little over a year ago. They seem to work fine. I usually use them to parallel charge 2-4 packs on each one with the output either at 15A or 20A. They balance pretty fast and are easy to use. I run them off a 24V 1200W PSU that I "built" out of server psu's. Kind of wish I had bought 4 of them since I got them for $99 each at the time. Now they are $140 if you can find them. I got them because my hitec d7 stopped balancing properly which was an AC/DC 2x20A/2x200W charger.

I didnt realize they were still selling those. I really like Revolectrix products.