Linux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a old toshiba laptop from my uncle i while back that he was about to throw away and it had linux on it. i played with it for about a week and said screw it.

This is why I STOPPED playing World of Warcraft......Damn hackers and their Bots. :(

I KNEW it was inevitable that World of Warcraft would be mentioned at some point in this thread. Uber-tech discussions of Linux and WoW are like peanut butter and jelly!

I KNEW it was inevitable that World of Warcraft would be mentioned at some point in this thread. Uber-tech discussions of Linux and WoW are like peanut butter and jelly!

They BOTH stick to the roof of your mouth?

what? WHAT? lol ew.

linux is so much more powerful than your average windows based pc. my "mp3" player (laptop) is running fedora 10 and its so much faster than when i had xp running on it. plus it freed up some valuable disk space!

isn't linux similar to Mac?
the best thing I have done with £1000 so far was purchase of my Macbook unibody 2.0ghz and after I get to know Mac I don't plan to go back to windows!

Last edited:
Yeah Linux and Mac are related. They are both Unix OS's, and share syntax.

My life has been sooo much simpler after I got my Mac.

I don't think i could ever be that silly to buy a "fruity" computer.. or a computer that came in a box assembled.... Macs are completely useless.. to me that is. a lot of my games are still windows based and run HORRIBLE in Wine.. freakin bill gates and his direct X b.s.

I don't think i could ever be that silly to buy a "fruity" computer.. or a computer that came in a box assembled.... Macs are completely useless.. to me that is. a lot of my games are still windows based and run HORRIBLE in Wine.. freakin bill gates and his direct X b.s.

if you have ever use Mac for longer period of time then you will love it,don't forgot that you can still run Boot Camp like I do,I can run Windows Vista or Mac... depends what will I be doing,for playing games I use Vista but for everything else I use Mac.
Mac is quicker,easier,nicer and more user friendly then Windows !

and try getting a virus or spyware on a mac =) it just doesn't happen