linux, firefox 5.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
iam running kubuntu linux., firefox 5.0. my son set it up, and now he is 200 miles away. iam not a software guy. my trouble is, at lest one site doesn't work right. they tell me to clear my cookies and catch and something else. i have looked on the net and they tell to click tools, then options. but mine doesn't have options. my bigest trouble is that iam 60 years old and i can't remember things well. my two choices are go back to windows, i would rather go without a computer. or find someone that can give instructions that work. of course that is just one of my troubles. if need be i could talk on the phone, but iam warning you its a tuff problem. [email protected]

I have tried that "ubuntu", and that's all it ever was for me was a trial.

I am some what young, and understand computers pretty good. But i didnt even know where to start with that OS.

If you can, get your hands on a Copy of Windows 7.

As for clearing cookie and cache in firefox 5.0???? I dont think there is such a thing yet. Latest i know of is 3.5.5.

If it is 3.5.5 that you have (check under help>about firefox) go TOOLS>CLEAR RECENT HISTORY. Then just check off cache and cookie, and choose for how long ago.

Hope that helps

thanks snake. do you think gentoo would be better? i ran it for a some time, with no trouble. i think i know a guy that can install it, and it shouldnt cost to much. if you would rather talk by stright e-mail hears mine. thats what i like about this site, one can allways find someone that can help. [email protected]

Back