lights - lighting system on RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Question - Lights, headlights and taillights - supposing I added headlights and taillights to a lectric car,
  • does the lighting system run off of the same battery as the motor?
  • if so - does it make enough impact to the run time to make a difference?
  • how would I hook all that up - what does that look like, I have no clue?

I always used 9v. You can use the batt portion of the reciever, or even get a circuit to remote on and off via a third channel

If weight and room are no issue, rc4wd has a 7.2 NiMH powered mini 4 chamnel system for lights and winches.

Question - Lights, headlights and taillights - supposing I added headlights and taillights to a lectric car,
  • does the lighting system run off of the same battery as the motor?
  • if so - does it make enough impact to the run time to make a difference?
  • how would I hook all that up - what does that look like, I have no clue?
You can plug it into the esc if you want to (you need a high channel radio and reciver I would recommend 6 channel) if not you could get a separate small lipo battery if you have enough room on your chassis if you need more help private message me

You just power them off the receiver. They won't make a noticeable difference to run time. LED's draw very little power.

I have a dumborc x6dc (ab)... receiver with a x6 transmitter.
Built in to the receiver is the light controls just dupont connectors like the servos to led bulbs.

I'm fairly new to rc, this was super simple to setup, and only a royal pain in the *** to program as it comes mostly programmed but buggy.
english documentation is a bit hard to find. got a few decent youtube vids though.

only $70 for trans/receive 6ch.

111.jpg

I have a standard hpi transmitter and receiver can i run a lighting kit from this if yes how do i do it and is there anything else I need to buy

Back