Lhs nightmare

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEVULGARCOWBOY420

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well went to the hobby town USA in Naperville, Ill Last night. Well I'm put a .28 axial I’m my stock frame, and I went there to make a throttle linkage. Well previous times I went there the 1 kid was a complete (but).He trended people like a idiots , and he tried it with me and so I left. Well I called his manager to tell him, and he apologized. He asked me to give the store anther chance and I said no. I told him ill drive an hour a way to shop at another hobby town. He said please come back so I told him I'l think about it.

You ever go to Al's in Elmhurst? They are pretty good there. It's a bit of a hike for you though. And they have a new guy that thinks he knows what he's talking about...

The old store owners in Naperville weren't very friendly either. The guys that run the new store are almost as bad. Heaven forbid you walk in there and ask for a part they don't have... they rail you on how bad the company/brand is.

What truck are you putting the axial in?

I'm out in Dekalb, which is about an hour from there on a good day. I work by Brookfield... so I drive 55 miles one way to work everyday.

I typically do my LHS shopping either at Al's on my lunch or up in Rockford at that Hobby Town. Much nicer folks up there. Very friendly and welcome an opinion instead of doling them out.

Ya my hobby shop has a bunch of dedede's working there too. I was in one today and they get commision off of what they sell and this sales man was selling this kid a HPI Hellfire for bashing. I heard enough of there story to know what the kid was going to do so i mensioned the revo or the savage and the sales dude got all pissed because he wanted the commision of the more expensive truck. Then i told the kid that even with a little money you could convert the revo into a racer if you wanted to and he quickly changed his mind.

Bryson

Cowboy, I suggest Leisure Hours in Joliet, they have everything under the sun and an awesome indoor and outdoor facility not far from the shop.

I'm put the axial in my .15 maxx. I like the hobby town in Orland because 1 best guy from leisure Hours aka (nick) he wen there and away treats you nice and even if u have no clue he treats you like a your do.but in a good way if u know what I'm mean

you didnt talk to him like ya type did ya? I could understand..lol.. Just bustin your balls. Yeah my LHS is a real piece of work to. I just dont get it. If I owned a shop (A dream I have), Id treat everyone so well, it be rediculous. Its retarded not to, esp. when they could go online and the item for cheaper. If my hobby shop was decent at all, Id buy stuff there all the time, but now the only thing I buy is fuel.

Ya my hobby shop has a bunch of dedede's working there too. I was in one today and they get commision off of what they sell and this sales man was selling this kid a HPI Hellfire for bashing. I heard enough of there story to know what the kid was going to do so i mensioned the revo or the savage and the sales dude got all pissed because he wanted the commision of the more expensive truck. Then i told the kid that even with a little money you could convert the revo into a racer if you wanted to and he quickly changed his mind.

Bryson

a feel really sorry for the little kid now. I couldn't sell a little kid something he didn't need and very expensive just to get a bit more in my wage packet. I would feel really guilty knowing i'd wiped the kid out of money just so i could have a little extra. Lucky you told him and if i was there i'd have told that salesman what i thought of him and where he could shove that hellfire he was trying to sell

thats good to there is still some of us good guys out there. hats of to you Bryson

I watched and listened to one of the employees at one of my LHS's actually take a savage out of a customers hands. The customer was about 70 years old and in a wheel chair. Watching him move his arms/hands made it easy to realize being mobile took about all the effort he had just to get around. The employee told the guy that he would probably enjoy a nice electric MT more. Less effort to get it going. He ended up selling him an electric stampede. That was over a $200 loss to the store. The old guy thanked him for his honesty and left with a smile.

That kind of service is why I drive an hour to shop there.

This seems like a pretty common problem to me. I have been to several diffirent hobby shops where the people acted like they knew absoloutely everthing about everything. I have done the same thing Vulgar detailed to several shops around me.

It seems like these places are more interested in selling the most expensive hop up part available instead of letting people look at what they have. I understand the need for "shrink control" but every hobby shop I have seen, the parts are ten feet away, behind a counter- you have to sit and let the dude pick out what you are going to buy...it's a pain.

My Soloution? try online. If you are heavily anti-social, like me it will work out great in the end, and you can allways be sure of exaclt what you are getting.

I watched and listened to one of the employees at one of my LHS's actually take a savage out of a customers hands. The customer was about 70 years old and in a wheel chair. Watching him move his arms/hands made it easy to realize being mobile took about all the effort he had just to get around. The employee told the guy that he would probably enjoy a nice electric MT more. Less effort to get it going. He ended up selling him an electric stampede. That was over a $200 loss to the store. The old guy thanked him for his honesty and left with a smile.

That kind of service is why I drive an hour to shop there.

/\+1 from me, I wish there where more of these!!!. Sad but true, I watched a customer sell himself a stampede within approx. 35 minutes. The hobbystore employees actually ignored him to the extend that he felt like leaving, no questions where answered, customer read the back of the pedes box to figure out what he needed, and then identified & loaded up on everything he needed. He was carrying his model through the store with a salesassociate following emptyhanded... LOL
There must be litereally hundreds and hundreds of stores that do not deserve any customers at all... The best, after my showdown there, one of the idiots is eyeballing me closely through the store, he'd never ask what I want, but he's with me any step of the way. SO I pissed him off by mentioning his staring problem to another customer (asked female if she saw a red point on my forehead... he dissappeared within seconds)
ONLINE ONLY, the support I experience from these monkeys is worth poop to me. ;))

Man reading this thread makes me feel very lucky. I am very fortunate to have a great LHS to go to. The guy that works behind the counter is a great guy. Helpful and talks to you about what you want... not about what he wants to sell you. In fact there have been several times I have gone in there to purchase something, and ending up buying a much better cheaper part thanks to his advice. I took my father in there to get an Electric MT and after asking my dad his experience and what he was looking for, he suggested a Stampede when a more Expensive Emaxx was sitting on the shelf right next to it. After dad decided on the stampede he pulled it out of the box for my dad and explained how it all worked and asked if dad had any questions. He must have spent a half hour talking to my dad about what support equipment he needed and what he might want to think about in the future. Also actually taking the time to answer my dads questions. Never once trying to take advantage of my dad by trying to sell him something he didn't need. In fact when I was first learning to solder he took me in the back and soldered my first ESC and battery with deans plugs, teaching me the entire time. Now that is why I don't mind spending a few extra for a part even though I could get it online a bit cheaper, and that is why I will keep going back. That is tough to find these days.

Tom

Man reading this thread makes me feel very lucky. I am very fortunate to have a great LHS to go to. The guy that works behind the counter is a great guy. Helpful and talks to you about what you want... not about what he wants to sell you. In fact there have been several times I have gone in there to purchase something, and ending up buying a much better cheaper part thanks to his advice. I took my father in there to get an Electric MT and after asking my dad his experience and what he was looking for, he suggested a Stampede when a more Expensive Emaxx was sitting on the shelf right next to it. After dad decided on the stampede he pulled it out of the box for my dad and explained how it all worked and asked if dad had any questions. He must have spent a half hour talking to my dad about what support equipment he needed and what he might want to think about in the future. Also actually taking the time to answer my dads questions. Never once trying to take advantage of my dad by trying to sell him something he didn't need. In fact when I was first learning to solder he took me in the back and soldered my first ESC and battery with deans plugs, teaching me the entire time. Now that is why I don't mind spending a few extra for a part even though I could get it online a bit cheaper, and that is why I will keep going back. That is tough to find these days.

Tom

Same here, every time I go to my lhs one of my "friends" there is always there to answer any questions.Because I'm such a chatter box and go there so much that they don't even care if I go behind the counter anymore.Sometimes they even ask me to help when the place is full and over flowing.I always say that "I don't know anything about them" and more times than not they just say "ya but you know how fast they go right?".There is only one time I ever got mad at them,and that lasted half-an-hour anyway.The reason I got mad at them in when I go my traxxas bandit.I went there to buy it and the 3 out of 4 people I talked to said I had better wait a week.I asked why,and they said "just wait" but i couldn't so I bought it for $200.57 and left.I came back a week later and it was 139.99:doh:.But its good to know there is still good people out there.Hi good people!!!!:hi: