Lexan shell for nitro airway question(s)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSPOT

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So, I've got a shell painted and ready - with the exception of an airway path to cool the engine. I've got an older T Maxx with a brand new (fully broken in) 3.3 and want to run it with the shell on for the first time. All post, exhaust, fuel tank, engine cooling stack, etc. holes are cut & lined up well. The shell sits level when clipped on & I'm satisfied with it. Last real question I have is:

What are your thoughts airway path design, experimental/improved cooling (without filling my truck with dirt) airflow?

Sorry if this is addressed in another thread. I searched but found nada.

Attachments

• 15835409404124124373254896835072.jpg
    15835409404124124373254896835072.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 67
typically what is done is just an hole cut into the windshield, this usually doesn't invite dirt in more than the air passages on the underside between the body and chassis already does, that said, i do recall it being a popular thing to use some sort of mesh like window screens on the inside of the body over the portion of the hole glued in place. will help keep most of the dirt out.

Thanks @Rolex - Actually read my mind (sorta). I was thinking about making multiple round holes to maintain integrity.

Back