Let's talk about food!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
For those of you who enjoy cooking lets see what your cooking! Give a little info and PICS ARE REQUIRED!

I'm attempting to make pulled pork today. I bought a pork butt roast, soaked it in a brine for a while then injected and seasoned. I'm slow cooking it on the pit between 325 and 350 degrees and I plan on cooking it from 4-5 hours. At the 2 hour mark I basted it with a mixture of apple juice, brown sugar, and butter. Hopefully it will break down enough to pull apart. Sorry for the crappy cell pic, the next one will be better.

porky_zps3ae8096a.gif

I love cooking, cook every day. That looks great Pete, should be great and pull apart easy with that time. I prefer to crock pot mine.

Your right Lloyd the crock pot is hard to beat but I have been watching reruns of BBQ Pitmasters and got excited about the smoke flavor.

Last edited:
My favorite snack...
Steaming hot Crawfish, I always save a few lbs for my secret recipe Etouffee.
Crawfish_zpsde8177ca.gif

I enjoy cooking also, and you guys are making me hungry. You can get the smoke flavor in a crock pot with the right spices and to cheat, some liquid smoke. It's not quite as good as truly smoked BBQ, but it's pretty damn close. (sorry for the cell phone pics, the camera is the last thing on my mind when food is around :D)

dWwVqOR.jpg

G5QagA6.jpg

I also love me some quesedillas, perfect bachelor food IMO. These are whole wheat black bean n cheese

xRyOQnv.jpg

Sriracha, got to have Sriracha :D

sR4xTvc.jpg

Last edited:
Sriracha, got to have Sriracha :D

sR4xTvc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The Hot "c o c k" Sauce as it is known in my house.

I like making Boston baked beans in an old bean pot with big cucks of ham and thick slices of onion. I would have a picture but every time I make it the wife leaves for a day so it has been a while since I have made it.

I love Sriracha but it my stomach doesn't love it anymore.

Not a hella fancy dish but this was dinner, sliced ham, baby corn, beats and hash browns.

IMAG0466.jpg

Knife not needed!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KFooj2Pr8Q"]IMG 0824 - YouTube[/ame]

Man Ima come over! Looks like its perfect.

Come on over there is plenty and it was aw... Very good:D

My favorite snack...
Steaming hot Crawfish, I always save a few lbs for my secret recipe Etouffee.

The very short time I lived in GA I talked to very few people that liked crawfish and no one that even knew what etouffee was!

Ok, how about some bbq baby back ribs with my own home made rub, sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon, and garlic bread...

Ribs.jpg

Looking good guys! I love BBQ pitmasters! I have a small smoker that I have been practicing with the last few months and so far I have smoked a brisket which turned out a little dry but flavorful and 2 weeks ago I smoked a whole turkey which turned out amazing!! I don't have pictures but maybe this weekend I will pull everything out and do a pork butt. The one side effect I love about smoking... you have to watch it all day and there is always cold beverages involved! LOL

I'll pass on the sweet potato's but the ribs look perfect Joe. And garlic bread for the win!

Tom you should check out Myron Mixon's BBQ books lots of good info! I smoked a brisket with his recipe and it came out great! Injection is key

food

FOOD ya now that i think about it i have liked food for a long time.

I went to Louisiana 2 years ago........great cookin out there. Lol i didnt want to go home

Going healthy tonight....

IMAG0467.jpg

Smoked a turkey breast this weekend. Turned out great!!!

20131103_165714_zps3d351043.jpg

Back