lets see your custom HOME MADE upgrades!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashedxj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
like it says lets see your own inventions, this means nothin you bought pre made or bolt on hop ups just custom things you did to improve your rig or little touches you did to get a little bling goin, not including custom painted bodies those are everywhere! i got some things in the works in my head so when i get to tryin things out ill post up but right now my truck is a stock 3.3 jus got it saturday so nothin special! POST UP BISHES!

I made a custom servo plate for my buggy a few years ago that added a third servo that I used to activate a "hand brake". I don't know if I have the pics around anymore though.

"hand brake"? do tell try to find pics would like to see

Yes, a rear brake. I used the third channel on my radio to activate an extra servo that would apply pressure to only the rear brake on my buggy. It was a fun, if not useless project.

hell i kinda wouldn mind havin somethin like that myself cause at high speed when i hit my brakes my truck wants to flip forward every time cause the stock brake is really touchy so to have an alternate brake would be nice!

If your truck doesn't have a center diff, it won't work though. Works fine on 1/8th buggies because of that center diff.

I've made many roll bars and variations of roll bars along with skid plates and bumper cushions.

Not sure if your discussing t-maxx stuff only or not. If you are, then ignore this. ;)

Aftershock front bumper brace, tired of busting stock ones frequently and paying for the entire skid just to get it:
2009-0907-RubberBumperStandOff01.jpg

Aftershock roll bar (makes bodies last way longer since they don't crumple):
2008-0920-MGTBodyRightSide.jpg

2008-0920-ExhaustSide.jpg

Aftershock front center skid to avoid busting another set of chassis rails:
2008-0920-BottomSkids.jpg

Revo roll bar:
2007-0310-RevoExhaustSide03.jpg

2007-0310-RevoRear.jpg

Micro-T chassis extension so I could use aaa's:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBottom.jpg

Current Savage buggy tank and roll bar:
2009-0918-SavageLosi8TTankSide.jpg

Old no longer owned savage with different tank and roll bar:
2006-0218-SavageTankSide.jpg

t-maxx bumper cushion:
2004-0522-T-Maxx-BodyOff-RCSolutionsSkidFrontTop01.jpg

Sure wish I had thought of a roll bar when I had a maxx. A bar like I have/had on my rigs above would have saved countless shock towers and body mutilations. I had a new era roll bar, but it only protected the engine.

Tapped/Threaded hole in ACNCM t-maxx bulks to put a set screw in to keep hinge pins from falling out when c-clips were lost:
2004-1129-ACNCBulkTapped.JPG

I'm sure I have others... but I'm also sure I already over indulged on posting them.

na post up, that bumper cushion idea is pretty sweet, not the prettiest but then again pretty dont pretect the investment though eh? I'm lovin the savage roll bar and frame/braces/ what ever you wanna call that over kill never break rig lol!

Those bumper cusions are brilliant Olds!

Yeah, Olds doesn't exactly have a reputation for his beautiful modifications :)

yea no offense man but wats up with that revo? Its like totally gone?

YOU GUYS SUCK!~#!@!#@!@$ THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!
:yell::argue::argue::yell:

Wish I could figure out a way to put a roll bar on my jato... tired of snapping rear towers like twigs.

yea no offense man but wats up with that revo? Its like totally gone?

Got very tired very quickly of replacing the body on that thing. Was really wheelie prone since I either ran a 18TM or BB in it and the bodies would just get ripped up constantly.

Back