Led headlights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunkvilletx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
M thinking of doing this to my nitro today does anyone have pics of there cars with headlights?

Made them myself

Attachments

• SDC14547.JPG
    SDC14547.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 156
  • SDC14535.JPG
    SDC14535.JPG
    460.2 KB · Views: 130
I got a pair of ram lights with my f.s, there kinda big, but i have em mounted kinda inward, there nice and bright.

Headlights, hi intensity driving lights, amber fog lights/blinkers, roof lights, tail lights and horn, all operated by a TV remote control.

lightsOn.jpg

RrLightsOn.jpg

Circuit board mounted under hood:

circuitBrd.jpg

It took a few days. Note how small that circuit board is compared to the 9V battery to the left on the pic above.
All the LEDs were from Radio Shack.

Rear1.jpg

dang man, nice job, that board is small! thats alot of wires! Start tucken! haha jk.

I just finished some white fog lights on my nsx body and they look sweet! But damn y'all have all kinds of lights LOL.

How long can 2 white LEDs work on 2 AA's?

I'll post pics tomorrow

I just finished some white fog lights on my nsx body and they look sweet! But damn y'all have all kinds of lights LOL.

How long can 2 white LEDs work on 2 AA's?

I'll post pics tomorrow

Depends on the MAH of the batterys.

Mah is how long the battery will last, 1000 mah is longer then 700, etc. Also depends on how large of a light, and or capictor, And OHM of capicitor if you have one.

lol's, I know, I'm confusing, But your best bet would be to,... Run leds to a cap. run cap to 9 volt.

What's a cap? Sorry I don't know 2 much about LEDs

ok but what size would I need to run 5 volt LEDs with a 9 volt battery

Now, that I'm not positive of, youd have to find someone thats good with this stuff, but if i recall right... Maybe I'm thinking a resisitor.. But if I'm thinking right, the bigger the cap, the less current.

But I'm not sure, so dont go wasten the money on some leds and caps till you know for sure.

It cost me like 5 bucks today at radioshack for a battery holder and some LEDs and they look awesome and that's a lot better then like $50 bucks for the light kits online

my ram lights costed 18 on towerhobbies, came with everything cept the 9 volt itself, its only 2, but there bright.

Sweet! I just wasn't sure how long they would run on 2 AA's.

I'll post some pics in the morning

hey rolex did you get your headlights from radio shack? if so where they the big leds? cuz i got some and i have a double A batt holder and they bearly even light up so I'm most likely going to take them back tomorrow and get 4 small leds for the headlights...