Leaking fuel cap - 5b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupooterluvr

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is it normal for the stock fuel cap to leak? It's not dripping or anything, it just kinda gets that 'gasoline film' around the cap whenever I run it and if I tip it onto the gas cap side then it will drip out slowly.

I found the little pin hole in the 's' in gasoline in the writing on the cap. That's where it is leaking from, and since it is a vent hole I was wondering if sealing it would be a bad idea. I've seen one of the billet caps before and it didn't appear to have a vent, so...

Mine did same thing, just said screw it and ran anyway.....

it has to have a vent in order to let air in as the fuel goes down or it will create a vacuum and you truck will die. but there should be some sort of a one way valve or something inside the cap that may be messed up.

Beason is right.

If you plug the hole or if it get clogged with dirt or mud, the rig will die.

thats right, you ll get a vacuum build up in the tank. check the rubber piece inside the cap, it may not be well seated in the cap, or possibly ripped, tore. if the rubber piece get too much gas in it, it ll cause motor running issues, and can contribute to running lean as well. check your cap and make sure its working right and venting. a bit of seepage while its bouncing around is somewhat normal.

Back