Lead Acid battery and EZ Peak Dual Live Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manchild288

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible to charge a lead acid batter with my EZ Peak Dual Live charger? I don't use the charger for anything, and I'd like to put it to use. Also, it would be nice not to purchase another charger for my daughters ride on electric Jeep.

No sorry. For a lead acid battery charger look at your local car parts store. They will have fast chargers and maintenance storage chargers and some that do both, some that are automatic. I haven't bought one in a while. They are probably all automatic now.

You wont need a big one for a ride on car battery.

No sorry. For a lead acid battery charger look at your local car parts store. They will have fast chargers and maintenance storage chargers and some that do both, some that are automatic. I haven't bought one in a while. They are probably all automatic now.

You wont need a big one for a ride on car battery.
Snap...mo money. Thanks for the quick response.

you can use that charger .set it to 3 cell lipo no balance wire connected. 2.5 amps let it run .it will take the car battery to 12.6 volts not the 14.4 that should start a car then the alternator can take car battery up to correct voltage.

Modern Traxxas chargers only support NiMH and LiPo batteries. Most other LiPo chargers (except for the ones with no screen) support lead acid.

you can use that charger .set it to 3 cell lipo no balance wire connected. 2.5 amps let it run .it will take the car battery to 12.6 volts not the 14.4 that should start a car then the alternator can take car battery up to correct voltage.
This is a small battery for an electric car children ride around in. There is no engine.

I might suggest doing something like that in an emergency. Not in this case.

it wont hurt the battery at all use what you have

I ordered a smart charger for it. $36. I’ll leave the RC chargers for my lipos. Thanks for the input

Righteous, I love gum. I ran to 12 volt batteries in parallel. Works great and the smart charger is solid.

Back